Thread: Screen flickers while playing Alan Wake in my PC

Screen flickers while playing Alan Wake in my PC

I just want to know if the same problem is happening with you all or not? So that’s what I want to say here. Well everytime i play this game there is always a flicker that is happening in the screen. I don’t know why is this happening. I have a good graphic card named as GeForce 580 GTX with all the drivers updated. Strangely this problem is happening with this game only not a problem with the other games that I play i.e. counter strike and fifa. So what do you all have to say about the same. if you all have any replies then do let me know.

idea Re: Screen flickers while playing Alan Wake in my PC

Quote Originally Posted by pOLiSH View Post
    I just want to know if the same problem is happening with you all or not? So that’s what I want to say here. Well everytime i play this game there is always a flicker that is happening in the screen. I don’t know why is this happening. I have a good graphic card named as GeForce 580 GTX with all the drivers updated. Strangely this problem is happening with this game only not a problem with the other games that I play i.e. counter strike and fifa. So what do you all have to say about the same. if you all have any replies then do let me know.
    Just try adjusting the screen resolution properly may be that’s what you should adjust because I don’t think the problem is with your graphic card. Try adjusting it to 2560x1600 I think that would be the perfect thing to look at, that’s what I feel.

Re: Screen flickers while playing Alan Wake in my PC

Hi, I am using ati mobility card in my laptop and the game is running very well in my laptop. So I did not have any problem with that anyways if you want more information on the troubleshooting stuff then you can refer this link you can refer that and you could get some help out of it.

Dude have you reported this problem with the Support staff of this game and may be they would be able to give you some insight of this problem, that’s what I think would be ideal for you to work on.

Quote Originally Posted by Enos View Post
    Dude have you reported this problem with the Support staff of this game and may be they would be able to give you some insight of this problem, that’s what I think would be ideal for you to work on.
    No use doing that I called them up and they said that they are going to forward the problem to the technical department and they will get back to me. But i did not get any response from there at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Daksha90 View Post
    No use doing that I called them up and they said that they are going to forward the problem to the technical department and they will get back to me. But i did not get any response from there at all.
    I have got a fix for you. Here is the fix I don’t know if this is going to help ypu or not. Do try that, go to the Nvidia Control panel. In that set Antialiasing Mode to OFF. No flickering issues after that. I have tried it and it has helped me and hence I am forwarding this solution to you. I hope it helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Shae View Post
    I have got a fix for you. Here is the fix I don’t know if this is going to help ypu or not. Do try that, go to the Nvidia Control panel. In that set Antialiasing Mode to OFF. No flickering issues after that. I have tried it and it has helped me and hence I am forwarding this solution to you. I hope it helps.
    That does helps but what it does in return is that causes several problems in the themes such as grasses and the transparent objects. The portion of textures in grass which should be appearing transparent looks grey. If you are using the latest version of the drivers from nVidia then you can limit the fps rate by making use of the FPS limiter. When you limit the framerate to 30fps it eliminates the flickering. So you can try that option as well. so you have two options in ront of you and let me know if that does work out for you or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Irene-I View Post
    That does helps but what it does in return is that causes several problems in the themes such as grasses and the transparent objects. The portion of textures in grass which should be appearing transparent looks grey. If you are using the latest version of the drivers from nVidia then you can limit the fps rate by making use of the FPS limiter. When you limit the framerate to 30fps it eliminates the flickering. So you can try that option as well. so you have two options in ront of you and let me know if that does work out for you or not.
    Don’t you think it will affect the game mode at any stage that’s what I am asking? Since 30 fps is a very slow framerate and I am sure it is going to affect in sometime or the another. What do you think about this?

Personally speaking I love it because it gives a more cinematic look now cant say that even you will like it. Since there are many people who would not like to have it less than 60 fps. Unless and until there is some official fix for the problem, I am going with this 30 fps then I will see what to do about it.