Thread: Not able to change resolution for Alan Wake

Not able to change resolution for Alan Wake

I have recently purchased this game from steam and the problem that I am facing is that the resolution is appearing to be locked at 1280x720, I have been trying to change the same using joypad and mouse as well but then they are not helping, is this some kind of bug in the game or I am missing anything. Is there anyone who can help me out??

Re: Not able to change resolution for Alan Wake

I have recently purchased this game from steam and the problem that I am facing is that the resolution is appearing to be locked at 1280x720, I have been trying to change the same using joypad and mouse as well but then they are not helping, is this some kind of bug in the game or I am missing anything. Is there anyone who can help me out??
    Before I suggest you something about the same I just wanted to know that what is the resolution that you are using?? Have you tried using the keyboard arrow keys? If not then try out the same and see if it is making any difference, if not then you can also try out using the command line with the below commands:
    -w1920 -h1080
    -w1024 -h768

Just check it out and see which possible solution is helping.

I have been trying out the solution that you have mentioned above, I mean that I was already aware of the same and I have tried it out several times but then it is just not helping, Other than this I have also uninstalled and reinstalled the game twice from the steam as well and had no success, is there any other thing that I can try out to get rid of this issue?? Any further help for the same will be appreciated.

I think that a better solution for you will be just going to the steam options and then changing the settings, in order to do that follow the below steps:
    • First just right click on the game which will be in the Steam library and then select properties.
    • After that click on the Steam library and then type -w1920 -h1080 and you are done.

Just try it out and then let us know what you get. Best of luck.

I will suggest you to send me your dxdiag information so that i can have a better idea of the issue that you are facing, it will be better if you copy the dxdiag information in notepad and then attach it here, just provide me the dxdiag for further help.

I have tried changing the resolution by going in to the setting of the steam option but then even it did not helped, I have attached the dxdiag information below just check it out and see if you are able to track out the actual cause of the issue, Thanks in advance.
    Attached Files Attached Files