Thread: PC Mods for Alan Wake game

PC Mods for Alan Wake game

As the Alan Wake is coming out for PC, so I want to ask that if the Remedy has considered the people to make the mods for the game. I am not the modder but ?I just want to ask this to know if it is possible? I know that there many of the people who are searching for this and so I thought I must post this here. Please reply!!!

Re: PC Mods for Alan Wake game

Unfortunately appeal is not planning to release the mod tools. The tools are much more complex than they were with the Max Payne games, and are based on many third party commercial tools such as Autodesk 3D Studio Max. In addition, they have been integrated to work with daycare asset Perforce and other internal services, and removing and re-implementation of these functions would be a lot of work.

We tested internally that the game works very well with 3D NVISION. It is quite heavy though so a performance high-end GPU like the GeForce 580GTX and moderate graphics settings are recommended. The PC version was developed in collaboration with a small team of Remedy, and a talented team of independent Finnish developer. This game is very well set and if you are not a modder then I don’t think that you have to worry about the mods tool.

In the demo version there is no plan for the mod tools. The game can run within both windows as well as into full-screen mode and provides a range of graphical settings along with the feature of turning off the HUD. Other than this the Nvidia will also have support for 3D Vision. Alan Wake can be controlled by mouse, keyboard otherwise Xbox 360 gamepad and so we can go for any of the options.

We are not requires to make use of the mod tools to create mods. I am certain that we will be able to pull off a few precise texture or else model replacements. Though, it would be good if we can at least have entrance to the developer's console therefore we could screw around through no-clip otherwise spawn the things at once (clearly doing so be supposed to immobilize achievements).

There is possibility that you can tweak the settings from some of the ini or cfg file for doing this but for this, you must have a good knowledge.

Currently, I am not willing for any of the mods tools or similar to this. This is completely depend on the way that the game is packed. T is less matter for me to have or not have the mod tools.