Thread: How is 3G speed for PlayStation Vita?

How is 3G speed for PlayStation Vita?

I am thinking to get the PlayStation Vita but before that I would like to know that what is the 3G speed for the Vita and specially the download speed. If somebody over here can provide me any suggestion for this then I will be really thankful for that. Please reply!!!

Re: How is 3G speed for PlayStation Vita?

You will be able to play the games like Hot Shots Golf and Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 on the 3G and this is not the ideal way playing online. 3G is going to be specially for the social networking and this is also used for the GPS features as well as online scoreboard updates. In the games like Warrior's Lair through 3G , it will be used to notify you that when your dragon will be attacked by someone.

Do not expect much download limit from that. You will be only going to get file size download limits of 20MB per download. But you will be able to make use of much more data than 20MB.

I think that the Wipeout 2048 will not work with the 3G online. This will only run the best games similar to the Hot Shots Golf otherwise the fighting games where this is 1 on 1. Don’t just expect something extraordinary with this. This will be just OK and you can play the games with fair performance.

They can play like never before. Everything about Sony PlayStation Vita 3G/Wi-Fi was fully designed and optimized engrossing gaming experience. The combination of touch and motion-sensing technology offers exciting and innovative control of movement. Front and rear cameras, voice recognition and an incredibly clear, high-resolution screen right before your eyes bring fantastic worlds filled with interactive details in augmented reality to life.

They are having the data plan of 250MB and 3GB but whatever plan you get, you will not be able to download, you will not be able to download the files which are larger than thee 20 MB. So if you are not having the access to the WiFi then you will not be able to download any of the games from PSN. 20 MB download limit is just for one file and this does not mean that you be just able to download 20 MB.

I am not sure with the large game but the social apps like twitter and facebook will function properly without any problem with the 3G. Honestly speaking, the only function that I found useful with the 3G is the social networking and nothing else. I can take the screenshot and share that directly so that my friends can see that.

If you are playing the game online then that uses a lot of data to be transferred and this is the reason that 3G function is only for the social networking and getting live updates and other than this, it is also better to use them for web browsing. You must e nquire for these things first before going to get this.