Thread: When Valve will make Counter-Strike: Global Offensive as XBOX cross platform

When Valve will make Counter-Strike: Global Offensive as XBOX cross platform

Counter strike has been the best game ever and I really come to know about the excitement of the game when I started playing it online. Still it is the top most multiplayer game. But still worried why it is not allowed for xbox 360 gamers. I would like to get the better gameplay out from this game and I think that it is possible using that the console. If valve make this game as cross platform how the gameplay will be since Xbox 360 has large community

Re: When Valve will make Counter-Strike: Global Offensive as XBOX cross platform

Making the game as Cross platform is actually not up to the Valve. It is not possible to make the game as CP unless agreed by both parties. Microsoft already did several tests over cross-platform gaming among PC as well as XBOX gamers when Halo games were launched. The test seems to be succeeded but didn’t make it live. There was no reason for this. I think that Microsoft somehow wants to prevent it.

Re: When Valve will make Counter-Strike: Global Offensive as XBOX cross platform

The thing when doing the experiment over cross-platform gaming Microsoft found it is not possible to play some of the games as cross platform. This is because console gamers sometimes couldn’t able to play with the accuracy same as a mouse and keyboard afforded by a PC player. In most of the games everytime the console gamers get beaten and it is a very sad result.

It was actually the Microsoft’s decision for not making cross-platform gaming and not allow using mice and keyboards for Xbox games. It seems to me that they are targeting more and more on special version controllers. If valve bring CS:GO on the Xbox, I don’t think that most of gamers will going to play on this since they already played the game accurately on PC. They might already understand that Xbox cannot beat the accuracy of PC. Even a skilled Xbox games will not able to beat down the PC gamer here.

I don’t think that it is possible for Valve to make the counter strike game as cross platform. There are many reasons behind this. One reason is accuracy which you already know. The other reason is the lots of controls usable for this game. As you know that when playing the multiplayer game, it is necessary to use lots of controls to interact with other team members. So it is not possible using the Xbox controllers due to limited number of controls available there. You have to use keyboard in such situation for quick access like changing weapon and switching back, run, dodge, jump and more.