Thread: Unable to install games but able to play them on Xbox 360

Unable to install games but able to play them on Xbox 360

I just found an error with my Xbox 360. Till yesterday I was easily able to install all kind of game without any error and also I was able to play them. But today I noticed a bug during the installation of a game.

Actually the problem is that whenever I try to install any game to my hard drive, it gives me an error saying that it is unable to read the disc so try again later. But then it allows me to play the same game which was unable to get install. How it is possible?

First I thought that the problem is just with the game CD but later on after checking multiple game discs, i noticed the same error with all of them and also those same discs were able to play on the same Xbox device. What could be the issue?

Re: Unable to install games but able to play them on Xbox 360

This is a common issue my friend. You must have heard many people reporting about the disc unreadable issue. there is a minor reason behind such problem. the problem occurs due to the accumulation of the dust on the lens of the disk drive. Make sure that you clean the lens using a DVD lens cleaner. And also make sure that you always clean the disc which you are suppose to insert inside the driver.

Hey let me tell you that I already did that thing. Obviously if your disc is unable read the first thing that any person do is, try to clean both the lens and the disc.
    I already ran a cleaner 3X but still the problem is the same.

Hey what exactly could be the problem? I too tried all the possible ways but nothing worked.

I am facing this problem from last 1 month but not yet found any solution for it. why is it that my Xbox just play some game and wont install them, but still there are few games which are easily able to get install to the hard drive as well as able to play them. I checked all the discs; there were neither scratches nor any dusts as far as I know.

I have found out the solution for this issue. if cleaning the lens doesn’t makes any sense then you can definitely the one which I am suggesting.
    Try to clean up the 360's memory cache and then 'power cycle' the Xbox 360. That’s all you need to do, then after doing so try to install the games which were initially unable to get install in your system.

To clear the cache:
    Go to System Settings > Memory > Press 'Y' while your HDD is selected, then choose "Clear Cache".