Thread: Does Counter Strike: Global Offensive uses the Counter Strike: Source?

question Does Counter Strike: Global Offensive uses the Counter Strike: Source?

I have seen the trailers and the videos of the Global Offensive. Its graphics are as similar as to the Source graphics. I think the game would be the part 2 of the Source but the Valve Corporation has not stated this. It would be the render of the Source because the gameplay is similar to that. What do you think guys? Any suggestions are welcomed.

ThumbsUp Re: Does Counter Strike: Global Offensive uses the Counter Strike: Source?

Quote Originally Posted by Sutti View Post
    I have seen the trailers and the videos of the Global Offensive. Its graphics are as similar as to the Source graphics. I think the game would be the part 2 of the Source but the Valve Corporation has not stated this. It would be the render of the Source because the gameplay is similar to that. What do you think guys? Any suggestions are welcomed.
    Yes, I have too seen that the gameplay of the Global Offensive uses the source version of the L4D2. The graphics are the same as that of the Source game. I have played the Source game very well and I think the GO is the Source part 2.

Down Re: Does Counter Strike: Global Offensive uses the Counter Strike: Source?

I have seen the community forums and this was a issue raised there that Valve uses the L4D2 version of the Source in the game but this is a mere rumors which are spread by some of the people. The Valve has stated it many times that the GO does not have any versions that are used on the Source and it’s not the part 2 of the Source.

Happy Re: Does Counter Strike: Global Offensive uses the Counter Strike: Source?

It was heard somewhere that the Valve has invested very much on the engine of the Source and that would be the reason why the GO is been used on the version of the Source engine. It would be requiring around the next ten years creating a new story for the Valve Corporation. I too think that it uses the Source engine.