Go Back   TechArena Community > Technology > Video Games
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 10-02-2012

question Would 7.1 Surround Sound be available for PC version of Alan Wake

I have enjoyed playing the Xbox version of the Alan Wake and now I am looking for the PC version of the game. I have also purchased the DLC for it. But I want to ask you all that is the 7.1 Surround Sound available for PC version of this game. I have seen that most of the games having the surround sound of the 5.1 only. I have the 7.1 setup of the surround sound for my PC and would like to use it on this game. Is this possible? Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks in advance for the answers.
Old 10-02-2012

Down Re: Would 7.1 Surround Sound be available for PC version of Alan Wake

The game is designed to have the support to the 5.1 surround sound and if you are having the 7.1 surround sound speaker setup in your PC then you would be wasting the two speakers because the sound would not be coming from them. The Remedy Entertainment should take these things into the consideration and built some kind of the algorithms so that the game would be supporting the 7.1 channel speakers of the Surround Sound. I have also tested it on the 7.1 speakers but the sound from the two of the speakers was missing. I have also heard that the Cinematics of the game have premastered the sound to the channel of the 5.1 surround and if they would be adding it to the 7.1 Surround sound then it would be really a difficult job for them. I don?t think so that the 7.1 would be supported.

TechArena Community > Technology > Video Games
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , ,