Thread: Can German version of The Darkness 2 activated with a English version on steam

Can German version of The Darkness 2 activated with a English version on steam

ok I need help on this I have liked the game from the UK because I wanted to be a uncut version which is not ion case of the German version as I already played the demo and it was cut version but i need to know before I preorder the game is it possible to activate my German can activate an English version or for that matter any other languages on my German Steam so that I enjoys the uncut version . I would really like to know and I tried everywhere but unable to get any answer to this. I would be glad if anyone here help me on this thanks in advance

Re: Can German version of The Darkness 2 activated with a English version on steam

I think the English edition possibly not be in the Germany because it has the restriction related issue . The German version will most likely be cut, although the details are not 100% certain. You can have somebody purchase the English version from a another country, and have it gift it to you. However, the game itself still may do the region checks, and in the most horrible situation you'd wind up with a game that you can't activate from where you live, so I recommend to wait until the details get more clear.

Re: Can German version of The Darkness 2 activated with a English version on steam

Gifts must for all time work, however buying a German version say in the online CD key shop is not believed to work, as you require a German IP to activate those versions, although everyone know that there is a technique for that also .

You’d require to download or activate it by the Steam, not by some other source. On Steam it's technically likely to download games over region borders, however Steam's terms of service won't permit it, and I've seen unreliable reports on whether they actively implement this policy. One word about proxies: Be extremely cautious while logging in, or yet purchasing something, on other source through a proxy. They doesn't encrypt the login data, plus whoever runs the proxy might easily snoop out your password.

I have just activated keys of games that were import from another countries may be UK, really of which the German version possible censored or non-existent . however other site offers no method of growth old confirmation that might allow me buy international versions? rule doesn't appear to issue into it because many site sells other game with no a second consideration. The Darkness II (int'l) then again will be legal to trade, while still unrated, which the German Amazon will no issue to do . perhaps other site will add the option to purchase an international key after it is clear that it can be activated on Steam in Germany