Thread: The Darkness 2 Demo is pitch black again and again

question The Darkness 2 Demo is pitch black again and again

When I heard about the demo of this game then I downloaded the version of the demo as a PC game through the Steam. But this demo has disappointed me very much. I don’t know for what reason there is the black pitching in the demo again and again. When I have gone to the Menu of the game then the demo was in the pitch black but I am able to hear the game sounds and I can even navigate through the options. When I actually started the demo then it was pitch black until I go back to the scenery of the plank by skipping the progress. Would this be a issue due to the Operating System? Anyone else is having this problem? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Re: The Darkness 2 Demo is pitch black again and again

I am suing the Operating System of the Windows Xp with a 32 Bit and I have also seen that many of the users of this game are having the issue that demo is pitching black again and again. I hope so that this might not be an Operating issue or the issue that would be structure based. Correct me if I am wrong.

star Re: The Darkness 2 Demo is pitch black again and again

I have tried with the demo playing of this game and I found that when I went to the scenery of the restaurant and I was walking then suddenly the demo was pitch black when the car hit me while walking. What could I see was the people sounds who were yelling for their lives. I have also seen that the menu of the ESC was to be invisible completely occurring at the time of the cinematic but I was able to have the navigation through it. Just think! I have also have the Graphics Card of the NVIDIA an also I have done the reset of the settings by allowing it to set to the default but this did not solve the issue.

Exclamation Re: The Darkness 2 Demo is pitch black again and again

I have seen in the forums of the Tech support Team that they are having the discussion on this topic and soon they are going to fix this issue. It was also written in that forums that if the user is having the software which has the tool provided by the Catalyst of AMD that would help the game to Force the Anti-Aliasing effect or to boost the other graphical options then they should disable that software because the game would not support that functionality and that would be the reason of the demo having black pitch again and again.

Down Re: The Darkness 2 Demo is pitch black again and again

Quote Originally Posted by AlisaDsa View Post
    I have seen in the forums of the Tech support Team that they are having the discussion on this topic and soon they are going to fix this issue. It was also written in that forums that if the user is having the software which has the tool provided by the Catalyst of AMD that would help the game to Force the Anti-Aliasing effect or to boost the other graphical options then they should disable that software because the game would not support that functionality and that would be the reason of the demo having black pitch again and again.
    I am using the Nvidia GeForce Graphic Card and I have checked that the system is not having any kind of the software or the tool of the AMD Catalyst that would enhance the graphics or boost it. It’s not there in the system. The Catalyst is not applied either. I have also checked that the AA and the Antistropic are to be set such that they are fully applications controlling. The system is also not running some extra software but I don’t think so that this would help sorting the problem of the pitch black. I hope the Digital Extreme will soon work on this and help its users.