Thread: Orthodox bishop sprites in Crusader Kings II

Orthodox bishop sprites in Crusader Kings II

I loved the demo version of the game. but I could not find out that the bishop sprites or portraits are seems to be inaccurate for Orthodox bishops. It seems to be dressed which is quite different from Western counterparts even into the Middle Ages. bishop sprite are wearning black mazzetta over the white cassock which is supposed to close enough for the Roman Catholic bishop. Orthodox or Byzantine were supposed to be different vestments and mozzettas were and are going to be foreign to Orthodox.

Re: Orthodox bishop sprites in Crusader Kings II

It seems to be common that Orthodox bishops would wear matles over cassocks for the variety of the church services. There was in the large number of beards in Byzantines. I was shocked that some of Byzantine characters were not had beard. The beard was really important that it was listed into Cardinal Humbert in bull of Excommunication as that one of chief complaints against of Orthodox Church in the year of 1054.

The make use of mantles and beard were drawn from the long ecclesiastical as well as theological traditions. I am hoping that it will be fixed by the developer at the later stage of the game. if it is not fixed by the developer in upcoming DLC pack then I hope modder would do something about that. It would not effect gameplay but at the time of recognition of immense historical and modern importance of the orthodox appearance it would have impact on the immersion. Actually beards are supposed to be common for all the Byzantine characters.

I think the developer of the game should provide something like Beard. If they are not providing the same then they should provide Byzantine or Eastern which will fix the problem in great details.

Because of number of skin tones among of the Orthodox nations I don’t think so Orthodox DLC would work. Byzantium was an important power at period of time so Byzantine DLC which is made exclusively would work. I am having really high hope on this particular DLC.