Thread: Why Basque Culture is a requirement in Crusader Kings 2 game

question Why Basque Culture is a requirement in Crusader Kings 2 game

Hi all, I have been playing the demo version of the game and I have found the interesting fact about the game. This is my question, Why should I be of the basque culture as per the law stated by the absolute cognatic gender? I mean why is the culture so important here? Also I would like to ask that how to ask the ally’s in the war to help us so that we could get an aid for which we are wounded in the war? I was not able to get the help from my ally’s during the war with the HRE for having the Independence. Could anyone help me?

smile re: Why Basque Culture is a requirement in Crusader Kings 2 game

1. As far as my knowledge is concerned, the basques were the one who were very much fond and liked this inheritance and that’s the reason why the absolute gender law tells you to be of that culture. These people were also called as the Navarre. People besides the Navarre preferred the male heirs and they themselves were defending their inheritance without the help of the others.
    2. I also think that the allies that were not able to help you during the war because they might have also being killed in the war or the ally might have joined to the other side and that’s the reason why they have not helped you in aid.

question Re: Why Basque Culture is a requirement in Crusader Kings 2 game

The point no. 1 was clearly explained and I have understood very well. But in the point 2 you have said that my allies were on the other side. I would probably say no to this because I know that the ally was completely mine but I am unaware that they might have joined the other side during the war. During the war when me and my army was wounded then I asked for the aid to the ally then they said no to that and that is the reason why I was not able to get the help at all from my allies.

star Re: Why Basque Culture is a requirement in Crusader Kings 2 game

If the culture required is the Basque then you should select a Basque character that would be helping your heir to educate and giving the information about their culture. I hope by doing this the heir would be changing to the culture of the Basque. But for a long run period this should not be too worthy as the penalties of the foreigner is going to get back to the home and during the new kingdom you would be in a need of a Basque sovereign so that the laws could be kept synchronized and this would be helping you not to lose the kingdom even when the character that you are playing is dead.

Affection Re: Why Basque Culture is a requirement in Crusader Kings 2 game

You should always try to marry a girl of the basque culture and then with the help of her you should be able to raise the kids that are yours. I had done the similar thing by selecting a girl which was from the Sunni Caliphate and with the help of hers basque culture I have created the royal family of the Sunni in the Poland. You can try this if you like this suggestion.