Thread: No penalties after conquering papacy in Crusader Kings 2

ohmy No penalties after conquering papacy in Crusader Kings 2

I have played the demo of this game and with the help of the Toscana I was able to attack the Pope in the country that I have gone to. I have done this four times. When the game starts then it is easy to conquer the territory of the Rome with the help of the duchy having the title of the Spoletto. The exact same case is done with the province that is next to this one. The Pope which is attacked will now bring some army and I have found that the max number of the army was around 4500 troops and this would be easy to play with the help of the Toscana. I think that there should be some penalties given to those players that are attacking to the territory of the papacy in the game or there should be option that the pope should be buffed. But this has not happened. Does anybody here has experienced this or I am the only person? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Re: No penalties after conquering papacy in Crusader Kings 2

Even though the Papacy goes to the finishing of the land then also it continues to show its functionality. There is also a hatred created in the Pope’s mind as you have attacked him for so many times, so the conquest of the Rome Empire would most probably be the own penalty. I have also gone through the gameplay and I am unable to see any reason why the powerful papacy should be temporarily be required by it. I may not be 100% correct.

angry Re: No penalties after conquering papacy in Crusader Kings 2

I have also encountered while playing the game that when you sue the Duke of the Normandy and successfully conquer the England then you are not able to get the vassals. The only thing you get is the holdings of the Harold’s. This is really very disappointing about the game. Also another thing, the huge amount of the armies are occupied by the Pagans and they also interact and call and communicate with each other but they because the AI fails to add the strength in the armies the army are not able to do anything. What is the use of such an army.