Thread: Why does England always collapses in Crusader Kings 2??

Why does England always collapses in Crusader Kings 2??

I have recently started to play Crusader Kings 2 game from Paradox Interactive. I have some issue in the gameplay. I am executing the right strategy by conquering every English county. I am playing as Norman Duke and I also raised some mercs and thrashed Norway out. I want to know why England always collapses in this game although having so much power. Is it in the Strategy or what else. Please explain me.

Re: Why does England always collapses in Crusader Kings 2??

I made a plan to make a marriage of my daughter and the French King. After doing this I easily resolved problems with him after I conquered England. Norway was a very weak side after losing the war and Scotland was unaffected. So gradually I didn’t have any issue about England. The Invaded tags are not very easy to resolve but it will get over sooner.

I conquered the English kingdoms by separating the English army into a small group and thrashing the army one by one and conquering the whole England. I tried to fight against them very fast as it will give me more chance to capture all parts of England. But I found out that I have foreign conqueror tag on all the provinces of England. So eventually I cannot get any levys for next 20 years. But I found that after defeating England and Norway I am left with no troops and massive funds. I am unable to raise any troops and fight for next 20 long years. My economy has also diminished and cannot raise it for 20 years.

I eventually moved my capital to London and gave all the authorities to my son. I was left with nil income. Then I got evil modifiers in my English group and my vassals lend me small feudal tax to help me. The ex king helped which is currently the duke of Bedford helped me to survive. After that I realized that I can revoke a title from traitors for not any cost. That helped me to build a county that gives me money. I relegated the rebellious dukes to get more land. But that eventually made the vassals crueler about me