Thread: I am overwhelmed with interface of Crusader Kings II

I am overwhelmed with interface of Crusader Kings II

I have recently got this particular game Crusader Kings II. I am overwhelmed with the new and complex interface introduced in the game. I could not find out where to look in the game. if anyone is playing the game as beginner the where one should concentrate.

Re: I am overwhelmed with interface of Crusader Kings II

I recommend that you should go for tutorial in order to get the smoother learning curve in the game.

If you are playing the game first time then you will not require giving an attention to every aspect of the game. if game is prompting about to give an attention to particular aspect or something got bad then you will require to give the relevant interface to see if you wanted to do something . you should not afraid to fail while playing. Once you have played the game for enough amount of period then you will get the idea of the different function of the game.

I recommend that you should play the game and see what is happening. As it is already mentioned you have to give a look on the alerts and messages which are getting at the top of the screen. You have to explore and try to work out why this particular happened.
    After that try to play the game next time and that time you will be understand the thing more easily. Once you have played for long while you will get solid idea regarding the gameplay.

Once you a have done with the tutorials and read tips associated with the game you have to begin with clicking randomly in the game and see what output you are getting. the worse case could be that you quit game accidentally.

You should not expect that everything would go wrong. It supposed to be good that you will get only 20 years, there should not be pressure. At the beginning you should go for the diplomatic map since all the province would go for the light green in the demesne or demesne of the vassal. It will display different kind of the shades which are dependent on the Status of yours.

Personally I would like to prefer dedicated map mode which will provide the more information and what I have controlled over there and stripped out the color coding of the provinces which will not be the part of the domain. The mode would not serve intended purpose in the game. there is need of diplomatic mode which will display the opinions of rulers. I am having angry vassal which is being displayed as green in the game and it is bit confusing. There should be button which you can allow to dismiss low priority message which I have receiver in the game without deleting them individually in the game.

According to me the interface of the game is not bad at all rather you will need to have some times to get used to of it.

One should not underestimate the capacity of afford mercenaries. I was playing as Poland and managed to raised 1,600 soldiers from realm in order to attack with pagans. I have been squashed with the force of all the regional pagans who are protecting each other. I was having enough amount of the money to hire band of 4,500 man. I found that wining war is about to have super kingdom rather having super bank account which you can utilize to hire mini-doomstacks whenever needed.