Thread: Player vs AI in Crusader Kings II

Player vs AI in Crusader Kings II

Hello friends, i wanted to ask that is the AI which is been there in the game is cheating or not? or they are raising mercenaries to fight me, so it is good planning foe me to have it or not. I was thinking to expect to have to raise some mercs for any war you are fighting? Even i have to demand more levies from the nobles? So what is your thought about it, please tell me. Thank you.

Re: Player vs AI in Crusader Kings II

I would like to say that the pagan states are supposed to have a ton of troops, so you might be not familiar and also you can all those troops and even you can ask of soldiers from it. And also the mercenaries are surprisingly cheap, pool some money and use them.

Where the above user have told you that the pagans have a lot of troups, they are having it due to the culture-specifics buildings. Such that if you have own them anyway due to technology, but not in the time-span of the demo version, even if the mercs are helping you. So you better check it and also you will be able to get it.

If you check the history then you will be able to know that Pagans were able to hold their own against the Westerners as late as the Second Crusade. Which was been the only method to make sure that their continued existence in the game. Whereas i am playing the game as Mathilde, then the Emperor Heinrich do not like the pagans to the north which only lasted for some years only

I would like to say that if you are not fighting wars with the help of mercenaries, then you will be going to be frustrated often. Where the realm levies are fine against rebellions but it will against foreign powers is seems like you should always have enough saved up to call on a mercenary band if you need one. I have also forgotten the pagans and won as Poland and it was due to as i have saved up enough money to buy a 4,500 man strong mercenary band first.

I think that the mercs are one thing, but playing England you have the Norsemen in the North and the French in the south. The Duke of Normandy has almost 1000g in his pocket with a balance of 6g per month. In my Mathilda-games the whole HRE had around 6k troops and between England has in the demo scenario 3,5k troops. Well, that's very odd and of course there is no losing troops because of their size

I will be blaming it, if it is not already, i would not jump to conclusions based, that also on demo. Last game which i have played the Norway hired mercs and have won the English crown.