Thread: Crusader Kings II: Got "wrong type of holding" warning in Demesne

Crusader Kings II: Got "wrong type of holding" warning in Demesne

Hello friends, i was being as Poland then i have conquered the Pomeranian tribes to the north, but after that i have got "wrong type of holding" warning, and the holding in three provinces is been labeled as "recently conquered" modifier for wrong religion, culture etc, which usually expire in five years. I am not able to get any sort of the information for it and also i think that it directly related to the recently conquered modifiers. If i am correct then does warnings will be cleared as modifiers expire? Is there any method to clear it? Please tell me what to do, thank you.

Re: Crusader Kings II: Got "wrong type of holding" warning in Demesne

If you are getting the "Wrong type of holding" then it means you are directly holding a city or bishopric. You can avoid, but you have to give it away to a mayor or bishop or create a new such vassal. For creating a vassal, you better right click on the settlement and select "Create new vassal" option which will be there in the menu that pop up.

I have also gone through that it was really tough for me to get it clear, i have tried many thing but nothing worked, then i have created a vassal and had given to it, then it used to work. So you also try it.

I think that the wrong type is something related to churches, cities, and baronies which are been owned by you. To avoid it you need to hand it to someone who is very much suitable for it, even give someone the mayor title or bishophric etc. I do not believe that the recently conquered modifier is been part of it, it has nothing to do with it. It might be more of the conquered provinces which are taking lot of time to assimilate into your kingdom and when they are doing it it is providing you less than ideal income.

The warning simply means that your king is the owner of the bishopric and/or a city. If the king is not the churchman or burgher then you might be able to get additional penalties for those holdings, if you lose the recent conquest ones. The best option for it is that you better assign an existing courtier to rule those holdings, even you can create a vassal to rule them.

They are different types of things from the modifiers. There is different meaning for each of the holding, where the Wrong Culture means the holding is that you are having wrong culture, wrong religion holding means that wrong religion where the Wrong Type of Holding means that it is of wrong type.

There's one more method to own your several of the holdings in the county and you better give those thing which you do not wanted to have capital and when you leave the last will become the main holding in the county as you will be the count of the county. You should be the main castle holding to a baron and keep the secondary castle that will then be the capital holding.