Thread: Crusader Kings II: De Jure HRE is small and does not have Burgundy and Italy

Crusader Kings II: De Jure HRE is small and does not have Burgundy and Italy

Hello friends, i have seen that De Jure Empires can have multiple de jure Kingdoms, which include the Germany and Bohemia, or Armenia which is for Byzantines. Also the Holy Roman Empire had deep roots in Italy and also having a strong grasp on eastern France. I do not understand that why it only with Germany and Bohemia? even the Byzantine De Jure lands is having everything which was been held since their zenith, minus Egypt and Tunisia. I do not understand that how does all that work and what it idea behind that, even wanted to know about the double standard in the game. Does anyone know anything about it, please tell me about it. Thank you.

Re: Crusader Kings II: De Jure HRE is small and does not have Burgundy and Italy

I think the reason of it that it is not quite historical, i think that it might be made for clear gameplay reasons. Even some of the people think that the whole "de jure" mechanics as of a huge "a historical" which is been construct / designed is such a way that it only make gameplay smoother. Where the limiting the De Jure HRE only for Germany and Bohemia, will be that it can only select limit electors to German and bohemian dukes. So according to that there might be Italian dudes voting for as doge of Genoa or Pope to become Kaiser. If it include the Burgundy and Italy in de jure then that will mean HRE will be unified and therefore it is been overpowered.

Re: Crusader Kings II: De Jure HRE is small and does not have Burgundy and Italy

Where the kingdom of Jerusalem is been having in Byzantium due to the entire crusaders occupying holy land and it should also have formally sworn fealty to byzantine emperor. I think that it might be having the perfect justification for including it in de jure borders.

Quote Originally Posted by VazV View Post
    I think the reason of it that it is not quite historical, i think that it might be made for clear gameplay reasons. Even some of the people think that the whole "de jure" mechanics as of a huge "a historical" which is been construct / designed is such a way that it only make gameplay smoother. Where the limiting the De Jure HRE only for Germany and Bohemia, will be that it can only select limit electors to German and bohemian dukes. So according to that there might be Italian dudes voting for as doge of Genoa or Pope to become Kaiser. If it include the Burgundy and Italy in de jure then that will mean HRE will be unified and therefore it is been overpowered.
    I think that could be possible be the reason and also de jure status does not really guarantee the realm will be staying united or not. This is what i have to think about it.

If you are talking about the elector thing, then beside those you also have to remember that holders of upper tier titles are getting a CB for free for extending rule over the de jure territory of that title. Which is very much understandable for gameplay reason, according to me, it is reason that why the German king should not get free CBs against independent Italian states or French holdings in Burgundy.

Quote Originally Posted by Enos View Post
    If you are talking about the elector thing, then beside those you also have to remember that holders of upper tier titles are getting a CB for free for extending rule over the de jure territory of that title. Which is very much understandable for gameplay reason, according to me, it is reason that why the German king should not get free CBs against independent Italian states or French holdings in Burgundy.
    That is very much correct, there should be a gameplay balance, which is very much important to have then having a historical quirks. I think that it is best that Emperor should not give a free ticket to become uber powerful beyond measure.

I have also played the Lotharingia and Lowlands mod by Darrigan, it was having Burgundy and Italy in de jure HRE. I think that it has shifted the balance in some way, as no one has not try to break out of HRE. It feels that the vassals don't want to rebel so much if they are within the de jure borders and also the emperor is not preoccupied with rebels, so due to which it has to spend lot of resources to steamroll Pomerania in the first five years or so.

Quote Originally Posted by Enos View Post
    I do not think that it will work. I have modded the k_burgundy and k_italy into the HRE, with that it has visible the way in the game on the dejure map, but i was not having the cbs against the Doges, even the the Pope nor the King of France for that little Burgundian province which it was holding. I do not think that there might be any other king which can get cbs in this fashion rather than imperial level, need to test it with the Byzantium to be sure.