Thread: Mercenary bug in Crusader Kings II

Mercenary bug in Crusader Kings II

Hello friends, i am seeing some of the bugs and also wired thing which is there in mercenary, i do not know that how many of you have notice all those thing in the game, so which is very much noticeable. So i wanted to know your suggestion about the mercenary in the game, what you think about it. Please give me some suggestion about it. Thank you.

Re: Mercenary bug in Crusader Kings II

I have also founded that there are bugs in it, where the Victual Brother 300g merc can rob everything of your country in one month. Where the payment of there in real is around 2000g / month not 20g / month, even we are not able to declare the war when we already raise levy, but we can do it when we have already raised merc. It is very much easy to flood enemy and destroy they recently raised levy one by one with merc. If we have 2@60g merc or 2000-3000 mercenary, then we are able to declare war to pagan without worry that other pagan lord will declared war back on us. One more thing which i have founded weird that Mercenary is very much cheap, you can deploy Denmark for 3000 merc that also from starting and can destroying Balkan pagan non stop one by one using merc only from the starting.

I would suggest that the developer should have tone down the mercenary, they should raise the price but should be less in number even can give a option to disable it. When i was playing it and try to play without mercenary, then that time enemy do hire one and with the merc which outnumber me very badly. So it should be changed in it.

I does not feel that it is the problem with it, i have seen many of the countries who are using mercenaries. I feel that those are the tool of the wealthy, and sometimes a big equalizer. If you are having plenty of time and also you can avoid the battles or assaults then you can maintain a strong mercenary force for a longer time which will be a historically type. Even the deficit catches up , but you cannot support their full strength.

I feel that the mercenary is not at all expensive at all to get it. There is no need of lot of money for it. Whereas the duke can afford 1500 men strong mercenary for long time. I do not understand one thing that why are the bother with militia training ground are giving 60 light infantry with the +30 archer at the cost 100 gold if we can hire 1500 mercenaries for 60 gold and use it to conquer another province. If you are playing from the house of Nakonid of Lubeck, then you can only conquer 5 county from pagan land which is been under 20 years using merc and it also not bother to any upgrade or levy.

Earlier game it can be true that the mercs were little overpowered, for 500g you can simply keep the 1500 mercs for around 6.1 years even you can build your militia training ground up to tier 3 which will give you 390 soldiers, which is the 210 LC + 180 A = 390, also you can keep in the country for longer time, such that about 350 years. Where in the demo version, in the 20 years there is no building which was making any sense to build but once you have started to play full game and keep your dynasty alive then more then a century it will become a better choose over mercs.

I wanted to add that you should not forgot that you will be able to receive gold when occupying a holding, due to whihc you can fuel a mercenary army by quickly finishing sieges. So you can have look at it.

I was thinking that what is been odds for turning the Merc against yourself when you are out of gold. It should be something more then what is there in the demo. I believe that the preview version will be using a slightly different code and also agree that the Mercs is been a problem, but as one of the above user have told that full version it could be better, so will wait for it and then will start complaining about it, before that cannot say anything.

I feel that mercenaries are not at all cheap to hire them in the game, but ot maintain the mercenaries at regular levies is very cheap. If the lowest of the barons can afford to send its entire levy out to fight and still make a profit out of it.