Thread: Crusader Kings II DLC pack should be free

Crusader Kings II DLC pack should be free

Hello friends, i have founded that if you need to have some of the extra stuff in the game then you should get the DLC pack, i just wanted to say that it should be added to patch not to DLC, if there are adding to some other pack then it should be free to get it. So it should be done for humble Paradox Fans, i have seen that there are no such changes in the DLC, only able to see very minor graphic changes. So i would suggest that DLC should be free for the fans. What you people have to say about it, please share your thoughts. Thank you.

Re: Crusader Kings II DLC pack should be free

I feel that the free things are not good to have it, whereas i also love to enjoy the things which are free. If the Paradox started to make free for the users / fans then how they will earn, it is not at all happening. What ever they will make will be charged for it. It will be good that to have perfect Marxist society, that everyone work for the good of all. So if they started making for free then it will not profitable for them and also they will not earn anything from it, i know everyone will love to have it, but that it is not possible to have it.

Sometime around one month ago the company have announced that they will be switching to an expansion model to a DLC model, so you have to get what they are selling it, otherwise there is no other option.

I have seen some of the companies which are releasing some of the free maps on the stream, like the Bullfrog cope. It is also done by the Paradox, to release the extra stuff for free and also it will be very much nice for the fans to get it. I believe that with the digital distribution which is been going on at full speed many of the things are has become cheaper to get it.

I feel that the company has done very much nice with the previous games and also have earn a lot from it. I personally believe that the purchasing the game and also the expansion is more than enough to pay for it, then paying for patches which will be release after that. Patches which will be released as the game is been made public should be free, where the price of the game is also more which it should not be. I will agree with the user point and also would like to have it for free.

I feel that most of the people are willing to have improvements on was stuff that can be modded on to the game. If they wanted us to pay for the patches then they should have all those stuff which we are liking to have it in the game and also make it worth to purchase, otherwise it is not at all worth to get it and hardly people will take the patches.

Quote Originally Posted by GaganGang View Post
    I feel that the company has done very much nice with the previous games and also have earn a lot from it. I personally believe that the purchasing the game and also the expansion is more than enough to pay for it, then paying for patches which will be release after that. Patches which will be released as the game is been made public should be free, where the price of the game is also more which it should not be. I will agree with the user point and also would like to have it for free.
    I also agree with the point, the expansion of the Paradox previos game have to get by paying it. I have also observe that they are not making the expansions in the old style which they where usualy make it, which were very much worth to get it. They ahve been announcement that they are making the expansions but it will be phased out in favour of a DLC model. This is not at all happening, now if you wanted to have the expansion then you need to get the DLC for it, which is not good.

Quote Originally Posted by Chakradevroy View Post
    I have seen some of the companies which are releasing some of the free maps on the stream, like the Bullfrog cope. It is also done by the Paradox, to release the extra stuff for free and also it will be very much nice for the fans to get it. I believe that with the digital distribution which is been going on at full speed many of the things are has become cheaper to get it.
    I would like to say that time is been changing, it has been long time when it was selling it for free. Even the games were cheaper to make, as there were fewer people ot make it and also very less resources to be used for it. So after that it was been lasted longer on shelves then after that piracy existed, but it was not much different and not as rampant and also so on. It is a fact the price is same which i was using to have it for older game, something around twenty years ago or even earlier then that. It should not be necessary that should have pay for all the thing which we like to have it, we should be able to pay for those things which we like to have it.

With the respect of the DLC, i really like it to have it. If it is coming with the free content patches then i will also prefer that. If there is been an option to select between frequent DLC or getting new content only when an expansion is released then i will be going for the DLC. It is a method to continue the support for the game, so that you can continue play the game by purchasing the second copy of it. I really like it to have such a concept in it.

Even i am feeling the the same, if you look from the fans side then you will like to have it, but with the company point of view they wanted to earn something for thing which they have worked it. There are some of the fans who are read to pay for the DLC for some of the extra changes which is been done in the game. I was wishing that they could mix it and give out some good stuff for free in patches. The stuff be those which can be useful for everyone or necessary to have it. I like the concept of the DLC, it will be supported in general, but all gamers might be having different version of it.