Go Back   TechArena Community > Technology > Video Games
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

‘Launcher requires write permission’ error message while launching World of Warcraft on Window 7

Video Games

Old 06-02-2012

‘Launcher requires write permission’ error message while launching World of Warcraft on Window 7

I am not able to launch World of Warcraft. But I cannot do the same as it is prompting with an error message which can be stated as follow.
‘Launcher requires write permission to World of Warcraft Registry key to successfully locate and run the game. Please enable write access to the Registry key using an administrator account‘

Any help to fix the matter will be highly appreciated. Thanks a lot in advance.

Old 06-02-2012

Re: ‘Launcher requires write permission’ error message while launching World of Warcraft on Window 7

Finally I have managed to fix the above mentioned problem.
You have to right click on WOW icon at the desktop of yours and find the file location.
There will be lots of files from that you have to click on WoW program file rather than that of Launcher.
Now this particular game would launch on your computer.
Old 06-02-2012

Re: ‘Launcher requires write permission’ error message while launching World of Warcraft on Window 7

Another solution I remembered and I wanted to post over here and I am hoping that it will be useful to you.
  • You have to look for the exe file of the game and right click on the game.
  • Form the right click menu you have to select Run as Administrator.
Old 06-02-2012

I was also facing from the same folder but I got a peculiar fix for the same. I simply deleted WoW folder from the computer and reinstalled the game. I wanted to give short idea of why above mentioned error message is occurring. When you are having old launcher because of system restore or installing from old Wrath/BC/Classic disc.
Old 06-02-2012

Well you can try to resolve the issue by simply turning of User Access Control. I don’t recommend to do that permanently until and unless you are aware of other computer programs which are running on the system are safe enough. So disable the same and let me know about the results.

TechArena Community > Technology > Video Games
Tags: , , , , , ,