Thread: Not able to play Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II on windows 7

Not able to play Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II on windows 7

I am having windows 7 installed on my computer but then I am not able to play Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II on windows 7, actually the game is starting with the game options and when I am hitting the play button then it plays the video and then the game crashes, is there anyone who has faced the same and has an idea about resolving it??

Re: Not able to play Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II on windows 7

I am having windows 7 installed on my computer but then I am not able to play Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II on windows 7, actually the game is starting with the game options and when I am hitting the play button then it plays the video and then the game crashes, is there anyone who has faced the same and has an idea about resolving it??
    Have you tried playing the game in the compatibility mode and check out if it is working, if not then just select the exe file of the game and after that right click on the same and then go in to options and then click on the compatibility tab and then select windows 7 and so in the drop down list and see if the game is working or not, just check it out and then let me know the result that you get.

I have tried that out but then it is not making any difference in my case, it still crashes after the video is played, other than this I have also tried out the new troubleshoot compatibility program as well but then it did not helped, is there anything else that I can try out?? I was able to play this game on windows xp without any such issues, I don’t know what is wrong with the game in windows 7. Any further help for the same will be appreciated.

I will suggest you to better check if you are having the latest driver for the video card that you are having, I don’t think that the game is not compatible with the windows 7 and so because I have played it on windows 7 as well, if you have not updated the driver then do it now and then let me know what you get.

Even I need some help regarding the same issue, actually I am having mobile intel (R) 915GM/GMS,910GML Express Chipset Family in my system and I have recently installed windows 7 and was using windows xp, Now I have found that the graphic card that I am having is not supported by the windows 7, I am not able to find out the drivers for the same, the game is crashing after the video as of the above user, I have checked out the compatibility mode as well but then it is not making any difference, is there anything I can try out to get this game work well?? Any help regarding this will be highly appreciated.

In that case you can try out the driver from the below site and see if it is helping you out:
    Automatically identify and find drivers

If memory serves, KOTOR I had similar issues. There's a conflict with post XP operating systems and the movies. Go ahead and check your drivers, etc., but I think that won't help. The workaround, as I vaguely recall, had to do with either disabling the movies (not good), or doing something with those files I can't remember. The Steam version of KOTOR I plays, but there's a short blank screen before all the cut scenes.

Sorry I can't be more help, but perhaps somebody more facile with computers can take this info and lead you in the right direction. Like I said, I don't think it's compatibility or your drivers - you might have to get under the hood with a couple of the program's files. Good luck!