Thread: Jagged Alliance: Back in Action : The Anti Real-Time and Pause Movement

Jagged Alliance: Back in Action : The Anti Real-Time and Pause Movement

Guys I just happened to watch a video of this game in youtube and I was very glad to see the Anti Real-Time and Pause Movement passed on this new game. So I was very much happy about it. Even I would like to contribute for this movement. So I would ask you to show some support for this movement. It will be very much beneficial for us if this changes does gets implemented in the game and that’s what I am looking for in the game. I hope that was enough for you all.

Re: Jagged Alliance: Back in Action : The Anti Real-Time and Pause Movement

Quote Originally Posted by Desi.B@yZ View Post
    Guys I just happened to watch a video of this game in youtube and I was very glad to see the Anti Real-Time and Pause Movement passed on this new game. So I was very much happy about it. Even I would like to contribute for this movement. So I would ask you to show some support for this movement. It will be very much beneficial for us if this changes does gets implemented in the game and that’s what I am looking for in the game. I hope that was enough for you all.
    Yes the game should be only turn based and not real time otherwise it would be very much unlike jagged alliance. Yes I am against real time strategy in the game, that’s what I want to say here.

I don’t understand as if why people are making such big issue of making this game from turn based game to a "real time" . After having played games such as UFO Series and X-Com Apocalypse even they have changes their gameplays and I found them to be interesting. So what’s with you all, if there is some change in the gameplay then it should happen and rather we should stop making such kind of Anti Real-Time and Pause Movement because it does not help in the progress of the game, that’s what I can say here. I know this opinion will extract some contrasting answers from others. Lets see.

unsure Re: Jagged Alliance: Back in Action : The Anti Real-Time and Pause Movement

Quote Originally Posted by Shikamaru Nara View Post
    I don’t understand as if why people are making such big issue of making this game from turn based game to a "real time" . After having played games such as UFO Series and X-Com Apocalypse even they have changes their gameplays and I found them to be interesting. So what’s with you all, if there is some change in the gameplay then it should happen and rather we should stop making such kind of Anti Real-Time and Pause Movement because it does not help in the progress of the game, that’s what I can say here. I know this opinion will extract some contrasting answers from others. Lets see.
    Dude it hampers if you look at the original gameplay , then we couldn’t have seen the enemy there is always a sense of danger and caution. Well if the game turns into a real time then all of the enemies will be seen as soon as you enter a contested zone. Which is completely against the game, that’s what I don’t like about the game if it is changed to real time.

I can see the developers have changed the combat system, in the game and if they are actually planning to do that changes then what is the point of making a sequel rather than a whole new game? Well the voice over’s, concept, setting and that too without gameplay. What is the sue of making such a game where nothing has been inherited from the original. Never sell the die hard fans a real time game they would be disappointed with, that’s what I can say here. I am supporting this movement because I am die hard fan of this game.

Quote Originally Posted by Enos View Post
    I can see the developers have changed the combat system, in the game and if they are actually planning to do that changes then what is the point of making a sequel rather than a whole new game? Well the voice over’s, concept, setting and that too without gameplay. What is the sue of making such a game where nothing has been inherited from the original. Never sell the die hard fans a real time game they would be disappointed with, that’s what I can say here. I am supporting this movement because I am die hard fan of this game.
    Then what you think the developers should keep the same concept as that of the original one. Then what would be the fun?

Games like Gal Civ's Twilight of the Arnor: 2008 Civilization V: 2010 Panzer General: 2009 Valkyria Chronicles: 2008 Armageddon Empires: 2007 Solium Infernum: 2009 were all turn based games and they had all changed their gameplays. Still they worked so now tell me what do you all have to say about this?

Quote Originally Posted by Gurjari View Post
    Then what you think the developers should keep the same concept as that of the original one. Then what would be the fun?
    Dude gameplay defines the game yes modifications should be there In the game but what if you have changed the gameplay it is really going to dissolve the game. If you atke an example of remake of the films then they have kept the concept same and there is some changes in the story, that can be done but if they have changes the concept of the movie then how can it be called as a sequel. If you take an example of the movie named as ocean 11 their basic concept is robbery. So if they had changed the concept in ocean 12 and ocean 13 then it would have not gone down well with the fans. So I hope you did understand what I am trying to say here. please read this carefully.