Thread: Scan lines across the screen. (ingame)

Scan lines across the screen. (ingame)

I just a new computer, with a GTX 580 graphics card. The computer is running perfectly, but when I run games these weird scan lines flicker up and down the screen. I've pluged my screen into another computer and it worked fine, I tried to update my graphic's card driver, it didn't work, so finally I tried installing some Beta drives, which didn't work either. Anyone got any advice that could help? Also I've been running windows xp for the last.... As long as I can remember, but now I have Windows 7 which I am unaccustomed to, so if you could be as simple as possible, that would be appreciated.

Re: Scan lines across the screen. (ingame)

Are you getting the Scan lines for all the games or for some specific ones?? actually it is called screen tearing and this happens in games when the processor is not bale to match up the change of scenery on the screen,If you are running any other program in the background then just close them and see if it is disappearing or not

Re: Scan lines across the screen. (ingame)

I closed down all programs, steam, skype, etc and booted up mass effect 2. This game apparently runs perfectly, no screen tearing at all. So I thought that might have solved the problem. Sadly when I moved on to try Skyrim, the tearing was back, and same thing in Old republic. I heard turning on Vsync would fix this from a friend but it only reduced it by a little.

Also not sure if it helps, but there is no tearing on cut scenes (the ones that are pre-rendered), menu's or loading screens.
    Last edited by SOLIDSTRIDER; 05-02-2012 at 02:47 PM. Reason: Forgot a detail