Thread: How about adding terrain effects in Jagged Alliance: Back in Action

cool How about adding terrain effects in Jagged Alliance: Back in Action

If this game would be having the terrain effects then I would be the happiest person to enjoy the game. The game should include some kind of terrains that are rough so that the player could be walking slowly and also the possibility of the vehicles should be restricted in some terrains to make the map more interesting. Adding a Snowy Terrain would be an awesome idea as in the Snow there is a possibility that the gun might get jam. When the water area comes then only the guns that works under the water should work. For e.g. APS assault rifle. What do you think guys? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Naughty Re: How about adding terrain effects in Jagged Alliance: Back in Action

Quote Originally Posted by Sutti View Post
    Adding a Snowy Terrain would be an awesome idea as in the Snow there is a possibility that the gun might get jam. When the water area comes then only the guns that works under the water should work. For e.g. APS assault rifle.
    I was amazed looking at this sentence. I mean why the gun wouldn’t be working well in the snow. There are guns besides the APS rifles that are used under the water too including the series of the HK mp guns which allows the long time shooting you are inside the water for a long time. Very few guns are there that don’t work when they get wet after the water has been crossed. I have not used the AK rifle after the water crossing that’s why I won’t be able to judge that it’s working underwater or not. I completely agree on the Rough Terrain part that you have told. There should be a Rough Terrain which would make the player slow and the vehicles should also not be provided in that Terrain. This sounds interesting.

idea Re: How about adding terrain effects in Jagged Alliance: Back in Action

When the Concept of Terrain comes then I would like to have the Snow Terrain in which the player has to go lot of difficulties in aiming the targets. When I played the Jagged Alliance 2 for the first time then my player was drowned because he has spent a lot of time in water without breathing. I was unaware as I was newbie that time. The Dessert Terrain also grabs my attention. This Terrain would be full of sand in which the player movements would be slow and he would have to struggle more as it would not be an easy task to carry weapons in the sands and walk. The marshy are also should be added in which the movement of the player can slip off making the sounds of the water and targeting the enemies.

star Re: How about adding terrain effects in Jagged Alliance: Back in Action

I have also played the first part of the JA and it recollects that when the troops went in the water and reach to the far then they have been attacked by the big fishes such as the sharks. It would be amazing if that concept is added in Reloaded. I would also like to have a Dessert Terrain in which the health of the soldiers and the troops would be down because of the effect of the deterioration and their health would be regained if they would be served with the bottles of water or some food as energy as required.

How about adding terrain effects in Jagged Alliance: Back in Action?

I know it’s a little late to wish about the said thing but how great it would be to have this effects in the game, what do you all think guys. Well if there are more terrains in the game then it would be much difficult for the soldier to survive in that situation. See if we take an example of snow climate then snow will jarn the gun, warm desert terrain will have the heat that has a deteriorating effect on our soldiers health, all that will make an interesting aspect for the game to be played. So I am just saying that all these factors should get added in the game that’s what I am hoping for, anyways what do you all have to say about the same can you all please comment on this? Waiting to hear it from you all.

Re: How about adding terrain effects in Jagged Alliance: Back in Action?

Quote Originally Posted by Python$ View Post
    I know it’s a little late to wish about the said thing but how great it would be to have this effects in the game, what do you all think guys. Well if there are more terrains in the game then it would be much difficult for the soldier to survive in that situation. See if we take an example of snow climate then snow will jarn the gun, warm desert terrain will have the heat that has a deteriorating effect on our soldiers health, all that will make an interesting aspect for the game to be played. So I am just saying that all these factors should get added in the game that’s what I am hoping for, anyways what do you all have to say about the same can you all please comment on this? Waiting to hear it from you all.
    I don’t understand why do you want all these conditions? Just to make the already miserable life of soldiers, more miserable is that what you are wanting in the game? C’mon dude I don’t think so that will be added in the game at all. That’s what I think.

See all the mercs in the game are professionals they wouldn’t be just wondering in the snow without a proper protection for their accessories. If they are crossing a river then they would ensure that their guns are kept high while crossing the river. So that the river does not get in contact with them. Also in desert crossing they will be keeping themselves hydrated by drinking lots of water every 10 minutes(canteen water).

Happy Re: How about adding terrain effects in Jagged Alliance: Back in Action?

Quote Originally Posted by Shikamaru Nara View Post
    See all the mercs in the game are professionals they wouldn’t be just wondering in the snow without a proper protection for their accessories. If they are crossing a river then they would ensure that their guns are kept high while crossing the river. So that the river does not get in contact with them. Also in desert crossing they will be keeping themselves hydrated by drinking lots of water every 10 minutes(canteen water).
    Dude I know that but that’s a wish and nothing else, so don’t take it seriously buds. I had played JA2 and while I had sent the mercs for swimming. Now while making them swim for a longer time I realized that one of the soldier had drowned and I found it to be interesting aspect. S it had never happened with me before. So that’s why i was wondering what if terrain conditions gets added in the game to make survival more difficult.

May be a big fish or some reptile that can attack the soldier, that’s what I want to say here. nothing sort of other might have happened. I don’t think you can put a question mark on soldiers fitness in this, they are going to survive in any tough condition that has been assigned to them.

ThumbsUp Re: How about adding terrain effects in Jagged Alliance: Back in Action?

Quote Originally Posted by Python$ View Post
    I would say that it’s a good idea you can forward this idea to the customer support team and they can think about this idea for sure. So in case if they haven’t thought of this idea they might think about implementing it in the near future by implementing a patch or update for this game.

cool Re: How about adding terrain effects in Jagged Alliance: Back in Action?

Quote Originally Posted by Badmannah View Post
    I would say that it’s a good idea you can forward this idea to the customer support team and they can think about this idea for sure. So in case if they haven’t thought of this idea they might think about implementing it in the near future by implementing a patch or update for this game.
    Ok I will be doing that but I am looking forward for this game, hope this game turns out to be a good one. That’s what I am expecting here.