Thread: No feet in The Darkness 2 Demo: Is that error? Or done purposely

No feet in The Darkness 2 Demo: Is that error? Or done purposely

in the restaurant level when you are dragged by the by Vinnie, you will be able to see your feet in that level. The cutsceme which followed you will activate darkness and you will see your feet getting regenerated and you are standing again. however at that time you will not be able to look your feet. Some game like Fear show your leg when you are looking down. But in Darkeness 2 it does not happening. Is there developer fault? Or they have done above mentioned thing purposely. Let me know if you are having any speculation on the above mentioned topic.

Re: No feet in The Darkness 2 Demo: Is that error? Or done purposely

As far as I know most of the first person games does not display legs when you are looking down. I think its just a design choice of the developer.

I think putting too much emphasis on this particular thing. one should be get used to of it if has played lots of multiplayer game. as I am not able to see feet in the game I am feeling floating while playing the game. I wanted to see Jackie walking entire level without wearing right shoe on it.

In the previous title Jakie was having full body though it was FPS. I am hoping that in Darkeness 2 we will be able to see darkness armor on hands of jakie. I do agree to have leg or no is a developers design choice. But as I look on my leg I am feeling dizzy.
    My friend is having Xbox 360 and there was not any issue while playing the game on it. so I am suspecting that it could be associated with the PC version of the game.

If you are playing the PC version of the game you will see weird if you are playing the game which is really close to your hands or guns. When playing first time I found it was bit irritating but in second game play I adjusted myself to gameplay. I am hoping that there will not be any need of adjusting when I will begin the game again.

The entire thing is dependent on the design selection. There are lots of FPS games where full body awareness is provided into selected scene as you are walking around and look down in the game you will see nothing. If you consider games like FarCry 2, BulletStorm, Singularity, Medal of Honor. The developers has show their legs in some specific scene or at the time of certain action. However as you looking on the ground you will find nothing.
    I really disappointed with the above mentioned thing. if it is done in appropriate manner FBA can add to the games atmosphere and sense of presence of the players in the environment. Both version of FEAR were good in terms of FBA. Duke Nukem Forever was also having some really good FBA animation. In the previous version of game there was FBA being used.

It does not make any difference to me whether I am able to see my feet in FPS. I am concerned with the gameplay and enjoyment.

So far I cannot name any games which will allow you to see your feet other than halo and rainbow 6 vegas. I know that it is really difficult to make your feet look correet for first person shooter. If you have played r6 vegas 2 then don’t look at your feet at the time of moving since they would look wrong in the game.
    I think developers don’t thing to polish such a small thing rather then they would prefer to spent their time on some other factors.

I completely agree with you that it’s a designers choice to have feet or not. It can be implemented in some of the situation where they are really needed. I know that its quite difficult to make legs look correct. The Jackie model has not being rendered and it’s a pair of the floating arms. If there is no usage of character model then there will be more freedom in perspective. The developers don’t think about the camera at eye level or it can be at the chest level.

The thing which we have been discussing over here is became quite normal in today world FPS games. So I think it will be implemented on the Darkeness 2. There will be FBA in some of the key scenes of the game.