Thread: Cannot launch The Darkness 2 Demo

Cannot launch The Darkness 2 Demo

I have downloaded The Darkness 2 demo from steam and after installing The Darkness 2 demo game in my computer when I try to launch the game at that time nothing happens. I don’t know what is wrong with it. If anyone has solution regarding this please help me.

Re: Cannot launch The Darkness 2 Demo

You have mentioned that when you try to launch the game at that time nothing happens and that is why I would like to tell you that you should first check whether Firewall or antivirus is not preventing game from launching. You should open security software in your computer and you have to make sure game launcher file is not blocked. I hope this solution will be helpful for you.

I have read you problem and first thing I would like to tell you that you should post all the information about your computer configuration. i am suggesting you this because if your computer specification is not according to requirements of The Darkness 2 game then that is the reason why you are experiencing this problem.

Yes I also agree with above post. If system does not match with the game requirements then also this type problem can take place. I have searched on the internet and requirements of The Darkness 2 game is

Minimum Requirements of The Darkness 2

Windows XP or Vista or 7 operating system
    Intel Core 2 @ 2GHz or AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200+ CPU
    256MB NVIDIA GeForce 8600 / ATI Radeon HD 2600 graphic card
    1.5 GB RAM
    10Gb hard drive space.

Recommended Requirements of The Darkness 2

Windows XP or Vista or 7 operating system
    2.4 GHz Quad Core processor CPU
    512+ MB NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GTX graphic card
    2GB RAM
    10Gb hard drive space.

Thank you for replying me. In my computer I have amd phenom ii 955 processor, nvidia gtx 570 graphic card and 8GB RAM. Other games works fine working in my computer. If anyone have solution regarding this then please help me.

I will suggest you to try to solve this problem by changing the compatibility of The Darkness 2 game. Many times changing the compatibility of the game also this type of problem can get solved. You have to right click on the launcher file of The Darkness 2 demo and then you have to select properties. Now after that you have to select compatibility tan and after doing that your problem might get solved.

Same thing happen with me also after installing The Darkness 2 PC Demo and after that I first uninstalled PhysX driver and after that I have reinstalled The Darkness 2 game in my computer and at that time it has also installed its own PhysX drivers and after that when I have start the game at that time it worked fine.

You should also try this solution.

You have to also check whether you are using latest graphic card drivers in your computer or not. If you are not using latest drivers then you should first update drivers and after updating the drivers try to launch The Darkness 2 game in your computer and then your problem might get solved.