Thread: Can I buy a House Divided on Steam in Victoria 2?

Can I buy a House Divided on Steam in Victoria 2?

Now I am moving to Steam from Gamersgate and so I want to know that if it is possible for me to purchase a House Divided on Steam. I am having the original boxed version as of the Paradox Web Shop. If you have some idea regarding this then please post that over here. Thank you in advance.

Re: Can I buy a House Divided on Steam in Victoria 2?

Normally the Paradox Titles goes on the steam when that get released but for the Paradox games on Steam, you will not require to be connected with the steam when you play that. All you have to do is, just download the game.

Yes, you will require to be connected with the steam if you want to have the multiplayer but for single play, you will not even require to have the internet connection in your computer if you have downloaded and save all the files on your computer.

There are many of the games which you can’t play without the internet connection but there are also some of the games like Paradox which can be played without the internet connection. This is not the problem as a PC gamer who is not connected with the Internet these days is obviously insane. Steam is quite suitable for such players. It is not extremely interfering but it's a great method to arrange multiplayer matches through friends. People who hate it are people who are having the painful allergy to DRM, even very non-invasive DRM.

I would like to tell you that the steam will not function without the Steam copy of Victoria II. You will not get the .exe of Paradox expansions. Crusader Kings 2 and after that games are not having even expansion, there are just many smaller DLC releases and this is because people will be able to choose the feature that they want to have in it.

So, for the people who are have purchased the hard copy of Victoria 2 from the amazon.com, where will be the AHD available?

Quote Originally Posted by laljit View Post
    So, for the people who are have purchased the hard copy of Victoria 2 from the amazon.com, where will be the AHD available?
    You can get that from any of the online digital-download services which are not steam. I purchased from the Gamersgate and their delivery process dishes up the unmodified version of the product and for that you will not have to jump through hoops for applying beta patches.

GamersGate seems to be the only version of the game which is not making use of the Steam. If CK2 is setting the pattern, though I wouldn't be amazed if they discover some technique to let people through boxed copies register their games on Steam in order to get the expansion with that. And applying for the beta patches on Steam is as easy as applying them to some other version.