Thread: How foreign investment works in Victoria 2?

How foreign investment works in Victoria 2?

I wanted to talk about Foreign Investment in the game Victoria 2. I wanted to know how exactly it is working in the game? Since in Victoria era and current scenario diplomatic and economic influence is playing great role.

Re: How foreign investment works in Victoria 2?

In the game developers has added new tab under of production where you will be able to get overview of investments and will be able to build factories in other counties. The diplomatic overview for the country will allow you to see who are the investors. Railroads as well as factories will be built from province interface on the foreign provinces. Capitalists are also allowed in order to do investments if they are having spare cash. There will be country's economic policy controls if they have allowed to do foreign investment. You will require great power to do the same.

If you are having investments in other countries then you will get couple of benefits. Very first thing it will slow down gain of other countries as well as keep the sphere safer to prevent tampering. Also it will allow you to decide how much of market you wanted to get control over. In this particular game everything on the market will be under control of sphere master. It will be true for the uncivilized countries.

The Civilized nations will control 75% of market and second rank powers only 50%. The rest of the market control is dependent on the investments. If you have funded half of the second rank countries industry you will be able to grab 75% of it. without making investment you will be able to get 50%. Having some industry and infrastructure will be help you to stay independent and keep you exploited.

You can also sever ties with the country and simply kick them out of the sphere. non-great powers all get the new decision where they have basically grab all the invested industry in the nations.

According to me have a foreign investment makes sense. I was looking for the same feature in the expansion pack. after having that spearing will be more complex and challenging. However I wanted to know who will get the benefit of factories profits and output? Whether it will be shared or it will be all for investors only. Will nationalization be an issue for POP? Whether it will be decided by the players or you will not care about that.

If I am not wrong output profit of the country itself as normal. The accessibility of goods are dependent on how much control do you having on the market. Players can decide about the nationalization but still it is having some limitation and developers are working on it.

Following are benefits which you are supposed to get in the game.
    • You will get bigger market share of nations goods.
    • There will be more productions of goods in the market.
    • craftsmens & clerks are supposed to get more benefits from the product of yours.