Thread: Victoria 2: UK attacked on France to get Normandy in the year 1842

Victoria 2: UK attacked on France to get Normandy in the year 1842

I am looking to play Balance of Power in order to maintain balanced Europe by simply mingling in the Central Europe. So that I can get some German states in order to make German Empire weak. UK is not having national interest on Continent and allaying with weaker part so that it can maintain balance. So far I have waged only one war against of Netherlands since they have attacked ally Belgium. I won that war and for punishment I release Java. UK annoyed with the fact that I have joined them and Russia is supposed to influencing China. But I could not find out the reason why they have made a decision to attack on me to acquire Normandy. There is no sense about doing that.

Re: Victoria 2: UK attacked on France to get Normandy in the year 1842

I wanted to tell you that AI will treat all the provinces equally. Do you have lower than 40 relations with Britain because they can get free acquire state on you. I am wondering that things could be really fun. You can also create backstory so that it can make sense. Britain might be having some of valuable resource over there that is worth for fighting for.

Well I am wondering that they have some psychic who are saying ‘Thou shalt invade Normandy with a large army’ however they have got century wrong. I might played the game in wrong way and I should kept eye on UK.
    As a GP it seems to wise to keep a good relation with other GP available in the game. you should have enough amount of the diplo points for doing that. I used them for other GPs except for DOWs and peace when the rest of the world are supposed to sphered or ignored.
    It make sense to keep an eye on UK since it is having really large army.

Yes it is best practice to have good relation with other GP until and unless it is trying to get into war with the other GP. It is necessary to do the same if you are minor in the game. in case I get into war with GP which is being dragged by ally I would like to hold a grudge and after and not increase the relations. If you keep higher relation with one GP then players will be able to select which battle should be fight.

AI supposed to begin with start globe spanning Great Wars over the ridiculous claims but they are not supposed to support their ally against of an aggressor. Well I am wondering that taking non-core territory from the European nations are supposed to be quite difficult in case it is not possible.

To get advantage of erritorial-acquisition CB is quite close to top of the priority list especially for the top of military pile GPs. They are supposed to count the part of mainland and consequently to get UK and France into the random border conflicts.
    I know that its kind of stupid way that AI is not able tp update ships and sailing around with wooden man'o'war in 1880s. I don’t wanted to abused it but I am expecting that it would be fixed in xpac.

I could not find out how researching ironclads is abused. I think it should be called as strategy. I noticed that AI is upgrading fleets and it does not disband until it is getting outdated. Also I have noticed that large seafaring countries are building queues. UK would place an order for the 50 to 100 man o' wars and clog up all the ports. If new technology is available but they will have lots of years to build orders to remaining on old technology. France is having province of Pondicherry in Madras state of India.

There is an ultimate solution for this that is Infamy. AI will not go for any of the state if it is brings the infamy level. You will need to turn up infamy amount for demand state casus bell. You have to go for the location where you have installed Victoria 2. Look for Common folder and simply open the defines.lua by using Notepad. You have to press Control and F together and look for ‘INFAMY_DEMAND_STATE =’ without using quotes. You have to change the number to 30 and save that particular file and after that play the game. once you have done AI will not make state province again without core and it would be combined with flavor packed mod as PDM and you will get better experience after doing that.

Another thing what I wanted to tell you that you should disable event 2500 in order to stop Acquire State CBs which are supposed to generating. I think you are aware of that An Acquire State CB is not core.