Thread: GTA 4 is not working in windows 7

GTA 4 is not working in windows 7

Recently I am making use of the windows 7 of 64 bit. And in this all the things working properly. But in this I am going through an issue in which actually I have installed the GTA4 on my new system and in this when I try to play it so I have seen that it is lagging a lot and after that in this I am not able to play this. Recently I have Toshiba Qosmio X305-Q706 laptop. So related to it if you guys have any solution so please help me on this as soon as it is possible for you guys. I just want to thank all of you in advance.

Re: GTA 4 is not working in windows 7

After reading all this related to it I would like to suggest you to make sure compatibility. So that you will be able to come to know your error and after that I am able to provide you the better solution. I would like to suggest you to follow this step :-
    • In this first you have to open Your GTA Directory.
    • And after that in to the GTA directory right tick on the speed.exe and then select the properties.
    • At the present select the Compatibility Tab.
    • At this time choose the compatibility mode for windows 7 and choose the run at resolution 640 X 480.
    • At the present your problem will solved and you are able to play the game.

Hi thanks for replying, I tried the steps as outlined in this thread, but I have not get any helped to run the GTA 4. I followed the step as given. But the error is saying that to run this game you require the permission of the administrator. After I connected to the administrator and tried to this step. But at the present I obtain the above error. Now I do not know what to do, can anyone fix this problem is urgent.

I think it is essential to make use of clean boot, to resolve the problem. So to that you have to follow this.
    • Choose the Start button and pick the run. Under that you require to write msconfig.exe to open the system configuration.
    • At the present under the System Configuration so you have to go to the General tab, choose the Selective Startup.
    • At this time you have to mark the check clear the Load Startup Items.
    • T Services tab of the System Configuration Utility, just mark on the Hide All Microsoft Services check and then tick Disable All button.
    • And in the last you have to tick the OK button and restart the system. I hope this step will help to solve the problem.

Hello everyone, I recently purchased GTA IV. After downloading, I'm not being able to install correctly. I'm using this for my 64-bit Windows 7. At the time of installation I'm doing some mistakes and not get the result in this. In this I have tried a lot and install more than three times. And I have downloaded it many times. But in this I am still not able to get the solution. So if you have any suggestion then please help me as soon as it is possible for you guys.

I believe this is might be the problem of downloading. Just download it again. But while downloading you have to download from the authorized site. It is possible that you are getting error due to invalid content. This error can occur because the virus content on the website. They are generally made the virus to enter your PC. Those site are usually junk site. That's why I advise you to download the game from the authorized site.

This type of installation error is more common in Windows 7. To get through this, simply make the following simple steps:
    • First you have to remove which you have previously installed.
    • After that you just have to patch the GTA IV to version 1.0.2.0. You can get online.
    • After Grand Theft Auto IV is successfully patched, just download GTA IV Patch magic. This is also available online.
    • After GTA IV Magic patch is installed correctly, you may need to install the game again.
    I am sure that this time they may be able to install the game.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDARIO View Post
    Recently I am making use of the windows 7 of 64 bit. And in this all the things working properly. But in this I am going through an issue in which actually I have installed the GTA4 on my new system and in this when I try to play it so I have seen that it is lagging a lot and after that in this I am not able to play this. Recently I have Toshiba Qosmio X305-Q706 laptop. So related to it if you guys have any solution so please help me on this as soon as it is possible for you guys. I just want to thank all of you in advance.
    To Fix the lagging of your gta 4 game with windows 7 64-bit, all you have to do is at ur desktop hold your windows start button on ur keyboard in then press R (while holding in start button) something will pop up, it gives you a place to type something in, type msconfig , then press ok, the go to services tab and scroll slowly down until you see "windows event log" disable it and apply these settings then restart your computer and your game will be way smoother

i have
    intel core 2 duo 2.40
    Ram: 4 gb
    VGA: 256
    window 7 64-bit
    how can i install the gta 4? plzzz tell me..

Well rest of your configuration meets the recommended system requirement for GTA 4, except the OS. It was meant for XP and Vista. But as you wanna run it on Windows 7, solution is given right above your post. See this:
    Quote Originally Posted by Beothuk View Post
    This type of installation error is more common in Windows 7. To get through this, simply make the following simple steps:
    • First you have to remove which you have previously installed.
    • After that you just have to patch the GTA IV to version 1.0.2.0. You can get online. • After Grand Theft Auto IV is successfully patched, just download GTA IV Patch magic. This is also available online.
    • After GTA IV Magic patch is installed correctly, you may need to install the game gain.
    I am sure that this time they may be able to install the game.

Did you tried doing this ?