Thread: Does Oil Rush is having Linux game recorder

Does Oil Rush is having Linux game recorder

Hello friends, i wanted to know that is there Linux game recorder in it or not. I was thinking to have to get record some of game video of the linux version, but i was not able to locate any good recorder in it. So anyone know how we can take the audio and also video from the game, then please tell me about it. Thank you.

Re: Does Oil Rush is having Linux game recorder

If you wanted to do it then i would suggest that you do it by GLC, where you will be able to make the screenshot with the ffmpeg, there are been some of the game recorder which is been available for it and you can record it and save it.

I would suggest that you search for glc-capture, you might be able to get tool for it and there is some script which is below, so you tried it which is will helpful for you.

Code:
    mkfifo fifo.glc
    glc-capture -b back -o fifo.glc -f 30 --pbo --disable-audio $@ &
    glc-play -o - -y 2 fifo.glc | mencoder -demuxer y4m -ovc copy -nosound -o gl-capture.mpeg -
    glc-encode
    If you got it then you will be able to do the changes in mencoder encoding parametrs, if you are wishing for more compression then you should do it. Just save the above script to gl-capture and when you have save then use the command /gl-capture /mnt/data/temp/oilrush/oilrush, and you can can start the recording with ctrl+f8 or f9 or shift (not confirm with it, just try it). So you will be able to record it and also get all the game actions for you.

If you wanted to do any of the recording for the game specially in linux then you should use the GLC, it is the best and also perfect tool to make it work for you.

Let me tell you that there is been a video recorder which is been built-in Oil Rush game, but the problem is that it is not worked in menu. You need to press F7 and then the game will be start and put it to full frames in native resolution, such that in .tga format, which will be saved in "$HOME/.Oil Rush/screenshots/oilrush_reel". So to get saved on a particular location then you need to crearte your directory. If you also wanted to have the sound and a real video then you have to get some of the external tools for it and it will worked for you. You can record the game while playing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashley Parker View Post
    Let me tell you that there is been a video recorder which is been built-in Oil Rush game, but the problem is that it is not worked in menu. You need to press F7 and then the game will be start and put it to full frames in native resolution, such that in .tga format, which will be saved in "$HOME/.Oil Rush/screenshots/oilrush_reel". So to get saved on a particular location then you need to crearte your directory. If you also wanted to have the sound and a real video then you have to get some of the external tools for it and it will worked for you. You can record the game while playing it.
    That is been very much nice to have the video recorder in the game itself and also there is no need ot do any of the other thing, but it was been more better if it is been recorded with the sound.