Thread: windows version of oil rush is giving slow graphic performance

windows version of oil rush is giving slow graphic performance

I have ran the game in both windows and Ubuntu system and I have found that the windows version of oil rush is giving slow graphic performance as compared to the Ubuntu, I don’t know if it is some kind of bug or something else as the windows version of this game is just freezing the computer, where as when I am running the game in Ubuntu system then I am not facing any such problem, is there anyone who has faced the same and has an idea about it?

Re: windows version of oil rush is giving slow graphic performance

I have ran the game in both windows and Ubuntu system and I have found that the windows version of oil rush is giving slow graphic performance as compared to the Ubuntu, I don’t know if it is some kind of bug or something else as the windows version of this game is just freezing the computer, where as when I am running the game in Ubuntu system then I am not facing any such problem, is there anyone who has faced the same and has an idea about it?
    Even I have played it in windows and I think that the graphic performance is really low, I have been facing lag in this game and the computer also gets hang sometimes, I don’t know if it is giving better performance in the linux as I have not yet tried it but the I am really not happy with the windows version.

As far as I am aware there will be difference in the performance as compared to the Ubuntu but then I don’t think that there is such a drastic problem as you both have described above, I think that you all might running a no of resident programs in the windows and this is the reason you all are facing such issue with the game.

I really don’t think so because for almost of the time I have been just running the game itself and there were no other program running in the background, it will give much lower performance if I start running other programs in the background with the game, I have been getting low fps as well, anyways I just wanted to know if there is actually a bug or so in the windows version of the game, I don’t have any issue with the game as I am playing the same on ubuntu rather than messing it with it in the windows.

I am not very sure if this is a bug but then I am having the below system specification and I think that it is meeting the minimum requirement as well but then even after that I have been getting lower performance as some has already mentioned above, it hardly gets more than 5 to 10 fps and it is really unplayable:
    • Macbook Air (late 2008) using boot camp
    • Windows 7 32 bit
    • 1.6 GHz Core 2 Duo (SL9300)
    • 2 GB 1066 DDR3
    • NVIDIA Geforce 9400M (shared 256 MB VRAM)
    • 60 GB SSD

I don’t think that you should be facing such problems with the specifications that you have mentioned but then if you are saying that you are still having issues with these then I just wanted to know that at what resolution you are playing this game?? Is it on medium or high??

I don’t think that you should be facing such problems with the specifications that you have mentioned but then if you are saying that you are still having issues with these then I just wanted to know that at what resolution you are playing this game?? Is it on medium or high??
    I don’t think that medium or high will be making any difference because I have played it with directx 9, 10 and at that time the game was just crashing. Later when I tested it with window mode with only 640 x 480 and also in OpenGL at 1280 x 800 I was getting the same sluggish and low performance, they are not making any difference in the fps in the main menu as well.

Yes I think that it should at least give 30 fps with the minimum requirement that they have specified for this game else it will be a false advertisement, I have found a no of people facing issue with the minimum requirement for this game, I think that there will be a lot of tweak in the future if they would have not solved this issue in their final release which is going to be released soon, I am just waiting for the full edition, I am really expecting them to solve this bug with the windows version. I have tried playing the game on 640 x 400 and I have got 15 fps with the lower details but then the game is really unplayable on that, let’s wait and see.