Thread: Does Oil Rush game support Linux Multi-core

Does Oil Rush game support Linux Multi-core

I have recently bought the Oil Rush game and I have tested the game on both on Windows and on Linux and after testing I have found that the game uses all four cores in window and in Linux it only uses one core and it doesn’t matter when I turn the graphics setting down , I don’t know whether this is happening with me only or anyone else having the same issue.

Re: Does Oil Rush game support Linux Multi-core

I think you can resolve this issue just look at the task manager which is at the top on both the system and then calculate the CPU usage of both the system and compare them. If you found that the windows version using more CPU usage than the Linux system that means there is some problem with the Oil Rush game.

I have tested the Oil Rush game on windows and I have found that during the initial start the CPU uses at least 3 threads while loading the game and it uses 2 threads when I play game but during the game play I am not sure whether the two threads change the CPU cores really fast or all the 4 threads used by the game because all the 4 core uses around 40%. So I don’t know what is the reason but both the things are possible.

I think you should check the inside the Oil Rush- VERSION .cfg and you will find some thread variables on it and by this you can also enable the profiler that will display you some nice information like how long the game needed the different stuff. I know that the Oil Rush is the modern games and it can uses all the CPU cores

I have also tested the game on both the system windows and Linux and I have found that Oil rush uses the around 30% of my CPU on both the system the only difference Is the game using more CPU usage unless the openGL is used but with the openGL it gives the same result that I got on Linux.