Thread: how to play “Oil Rush” on a network ?

how to play “Oil Rush” on a network ?

Hi, I have been playing this game on my computer for long time. Today I was trying to play the game with my friend. I did the following:
    1. Set my router on port 60070 (TCP/UDP)
    2. Set dyndns to my machine
    My friend installed the game and tried to connect through dyndns domain as well as through direct IP. Sometime he could see the game but was not able to join the game! He also got UNgine fatal error but connection never worked! I tried through SSH tunnel to my server but it failed! We have checked his MTU, and he doesn’t have router permission still we tried this: ping -f -l <packetsize> t-online.de, the biggest packet was 1272! We both are using Oil Rush 0.95, I am on Ubuntu Oneiric x64 and my friend is using windows 32 bit! Can you suggest anything to make it work?

Re: how to play “Oil Rush” on a network ?

Did your router correctly forward your TCP port request to your friend? You should try open port checker tool. It will help you test your open port and the external IP address. This tool also helps to detect whether your port forwarding setup is correct or not! Note that port 25 is always blocked by the ISP for preventing the malicious activity.

No, this doesn’t work! It only tries the TCP connection. I get the “no standard package was received” message from sender that means even UDP don’t work on it! When i tried to run small TCP server, then the port was opened! Now my TCP forwarding is working only!

Why don’t you try wireshark packet analyzer ! By using this application you can check whether your network card gets any packets when your friend tries to connect to your request! this application is generally used to troubleshoot your network problems,analysis and communication protocol development!

Yeah, I tried it and here is the result:
    When he tried for the first time to search for the game her did not find it. In second attempt he found the game but wireshark and game both crashed together without any error! Only success I got is my UDP forwarding started to work! My friend’s internet service provider is not known for good internet connection! Is there anything in the game that can be blocked or not supported by his ISP?

If you are having any problem with your router and still don’t want to buy a new router, then you can flash an alternative firmware like OpenWRT on your device! This is usually simple method but if you make mistake you can lose your router forever!