Thread: How to install Oil Rush in ubuntu 11.04?

How to install Oil Rush in ubuntu 11.04?

I am running ubuntu 11.04 in my system and I have recently purchased Oil Rush and I have also downloaded OilRush-0.74.run, I just wanted to know that what I have to do to get it installed, actually I have been installing games from the Software Center where the installing process is quite simple, so is there anyone who can help me out with the same??

Re: How to install Oil Rush in ubuntu 11.04?

I am running ubuntu 11.04 in my system and I have recently purchased Oil Rush and I have also downloaded OilRush-0.74.run, I just wanted to know that what I have to do to get it installed, actually I have been installing games from the Software Center where the installing process is quite simple, so is there anyone who can help me out with the same??
    I don’t think that you have to worry much about the same, since you have already downloaded the OilRush-0.74.run you will just have to make it executable and after that you will get a file naming "OilRush-0.74", so just open the same and check out for the files naming sh files, x86, x64 so just check out which one is the executable one and then just double click on it and there you go. Hope that was simple?

You can very well try out the above method but then I just wanted to share that now with the 0.75 u release you can just open the .deb file and after that you can install it using the software center, if you want then you can try out the same. Best of luck.

You can just use the below commands in the terminal for running the game:
    chmod +x OilRush-0.xx.run
    ./OilRush-0.xx.run

Yes I am aware of the same and I have also installed the using the deb file (530mb) but then when I am clicking on the icon then It is not running the game seems like it is just not responding, I don’t think that I have missed anything, have you ever faced the same and has an idea about the cause of this issue??

I think that you might have not installed the launcher, see there is a 19mb debs which you to install and that is spate from the 530mb one, here I also wanted to add that if you are having Ubuntu(32bit) then you will get the 32bit bit one and respectively for the 64bit one, if you are not aware of the one that you have opened in the terminal then you can just check it out by entering the below command in the terminal:
    uname -m
    Just check it out what you are getting x86_64 is for the 64bit where as the x86 is for the 32bit. Best of luck.

Ok now I have installed the below files:
    • oilrush-data_0.75_all.deb
    • oilrush-x86_0.75_i386.deb

according to you which is required but then I don’t think that they are making any difference because even after installing them when I clicking on the icon the game is not getting started and is responding in the same way as it use too. I have checked and in my case I am having 32bit one which is x86, what should I do know is there any other method that I can try out?? Any further help for the same will be appreciated.