Thread: Nvidia 9500 GT is causing Flatout 3 Chaos & Destruction lag

Nvidia 9500 GT is causing Flatout 3 Chaos & Destruction lag

I have recently update my gpu to Nvidia 9500 GT driver and I have found that the Flatout 3 Chaos & Destruction is lagging a lot, I thought that the 9500 will give me better performance but then it is not, I am not very sure of if the issue is with the Nvidia 9500 GT or the game itself, so I just wanted to know is there anyone else who has faced the same and has an idea about getting it work properly because I am not willing to upgrade soon.

Re: Nvidia 9500 GT is causing Flatout 3 Chaos & Destruction lag

I have recently update my gpu to Nvidia 9500 GT driver and I have found that the Flatout 3 Chaos & Destruction is lagging a lot, I thought that the 9500 will give me better performance but then it is not, I am not very sure of if the issue is with the Nvidia 9500 GT or the game itself, so I just wanted to know is there anyone else who has faced the same and has an idea about getting it work properly because I am not willing to upgrade soon.
    I think that the issue might be with the 9500 GT as it is a low-end card, I don’t think that there might be a solution rather than just switching to some other high end card and so.

Yes I am aware that it is a low-end card and I was having issues with some other games as well including the Flatout 3 Chaos & Destruction but then after updating the driver the case has gone worst, previously I was able to get it work to some extent with minimum lag with the medium settings but then the same is not working now, the other thing I wanted to share is that I don’t think that it is just because of the low end card and so because my friend on the other hand is having GT 220 which is lower than mines but then he is not facing such lags, this is leaving me out of ideas, so I thought that there might me some workaround for the same.

I had faced the same with the 9400 after updating its driver and at that time the only solution for me was to switch back to the old driver that I had, if you want then you can try to do the same and see if it is helping again, currently I am having HIS Radeon 6950 and I am not facing any such issues, I think that you should better go for a ATI card say 6870 will be the best choice they are really capable of running almost all the latest games, so just see what possible solution you can try out.

You can count me in as well, in my case I have switched two cards, I mean that in the start I was having 8800 but then I changed it to 4870 and after that to 5870 and I am still facing issues with the falling games:
    • Flatout 1 and 2
    • GRID
    • Ultimate Carnage
    • Burnout Paradise
    • FUEL
    • Blur
    • Test Drive Unlimited 2
    • NFS: The Run
    • Flatout 3
    • Left for Dead 2

I will be switching to some high end card soon most probably to the Geforce cards.