Thread: Cryengine 3 on Interstellar Marines

Cryengine 3 on Interstellar Marines

Hello friends, i was thinking that if the Cryengine is been added on to IM then it will very much useful and effective. If it is been added then it will change the look of the game, where the cause dynamic is also know as the cryengine. You can even check on the YouTube about the video of Cryengine 3, then you might now what it is about, I would request the developer of the game to switch to Cryengine immediately and make it for next coming game. There is a free version available. You can also check it. So what you think about it. Please tell me you view. Thank you.

Re: Cryengine 3 on Interstellar Marines

Graphics are the important part which need to be added, if it is not there then it is nothing. Whereas i know that Gameplay is the important to be popular game. I have seen that developer will not go for it. I think they might use some other engine for the next game. I do not want to argue on it, but i wanted to tell that if developer are working for the nest game they will choose that engine which they are familiar with and which will work better for game. I do not think they will added so quickly to the next one, as they have to learn how does it work and it will be suitable for game or not. So it might take time to get it.

I would also agree, that it will be not added so quickly on next one, if you are looking to have a realistic and dynamic game then cryengien is the best suggestion to have it. I have gone through the video, it supports day/night cycles by default where the unity does not do it. Whereas Cryengine supports real time global illumination and it sure not like the other who say it but not have it. If the first game is been completed then untiy will be way ahead and also the Cryengien.

I do not think that ZPS will switch it, if they will do it then they might be going for higher one which will be best. When they will do it then they might also transfer all of models and controllers to new one.

I do not think that transferring the model will be the problem for the developer. It might be that they might not able to transfer the code, where i have seen C++ is been used in cryengine and C# is been used in unity. There might be a possibility that method which the unity use is been same used by the cryengine. I will try to download cryengine 3 and would try to test on home computer and it will for me only. I think that the developer can use most of the thing which is there in the first one for second. Whereas changing the engine is not seem to be a option at all. If the code of the first is been used as reference and recreate/improve the second then it might better with new engine.

Well my friend, transferring all the models and controllers or other stuff is not a problem at all. the problem which developer will face is that they have to re-code everything to make it happen.

I do not think it is the better idea to be implemented in the game. I would suggest that developer should use the present engine. They can work more on it and it will very much worth, so they make it good then it will be nice for asset creation process and it will not take more time to build a new game. Even i wanted to add that the licensing costs aren't exactly minimal for Cryengine and also Free version won't cut it the reason is that it is commercial software.

I think that the free version which is been available is been used for educational / not-for-profit applications, it might not be used for commercial games at all. Where i find that cyengine is been trying to pull the Apple and getting hire those student who are familiar with it, if it is start working then it might great and get $1M license for familiarity's.

I wanted to share that when we were in high school then we were using Windows ME which was having the internet access. We use to work on that and had worked for something 4 years, after that they replace with Vista which ere having the LCD display, so it is been hard to play on those with Cryengine.

I would suggest that it is better that Cryengine should be added and also it will be better to experience game with realistic effect. I would really wanted to have in next game.

Unity is a great Engine i just thought that IM could benefit more from CE3. But at least for the first game Unity is the right Joice just because you have the Web-player to show of what you already have. And of Course CE3 is not nearly as easy to use as Unity. But for dynamic content the CE is just better. Cause in CE everything is calculated in real time by default. Unity could not do it just cause it is not as optimized as the cryengine. And it can't be cause it needs to support so many platforms with different hardware. CE only supports PC,PS3,XBOX and Linux.