Thread: Run Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim on max settings using Radeon HD 6850 Crossfire

Run Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim on max settings using Radeon HD 6850 Crossfire

I have just configured the Radeon HD 6850 Crossfire on my computer in order to play a very new game Skyrim. I would like to run this game on Maximum settings. I wonder whether it is possible or not? My system includes following components:
    • Intel i7-2600K, 3.4 GHz
    • Windows 7
    • 64 bit operating system
    • 8GB RAM
    • 1 TB Hard Drive

Re: Run Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim on max settings using Radeon HD 6850 Crossfire

MY test system is based on a power hungry Core i7 965 / X58 based. This setup is overclocked to 3.75 GHz. Next to that i have energy saving functions disabled for this motherboard and processor (to Ensure consistent benchmark results). On average, we Using Roughly 50 acres to 100 Watts more than a standard PC due to higher CPU clock settings, cooling, cold cathode lights etc.

There are big problems for optimizing and many people with pc strong enough to be found in your case. I have some the same concerns and I was watching and posting on the forums. The launch of the game in the U.S. was already made and there are plenty of people who complain. Obviously it is especially with crossfire and / or ATI cards although this is not an absolute rule.

For my part I was playing with one from ASUS EAH 4870X2 and very hot 80C. I decided testing a Sapphire HD5670 from home and I play in full detail at 15 fps and its gene is not too much. Fps fall in blazing offence closing fault or other heavily populated areas have lost 5fps in the worst case, which shocked me is that a single gpu card works better than a dual. Yet on the other site crossfire 6850 is set as a reference for the price while the crossfire 6870 was considered a little less quality / price ratio. And then taken for a 6850 I think being able to have a graphics card that it beams the crossfire.

I tested the game and see only one card allows a number of IPS high and stable, which allows not to levy stroke of ram, while with the two cards FPS are doubled up, but it is very unstable with falls and mounted repeated. After what you've probably avoid this problem, a software or an order of the games that can limit the FPS game to have the highest rates of IPS without big crash, the vertical synchronization can also help.

By default, Skyrim used little in the way of high quality anisotropic filtering (AF), a method of texture sharpness, thereby increasing the detail and fidelity. But the long and short of it is that you can significantly improve visual effects Skyrim for the cost of only a few frames per second.

Skyrim relies on the Creation Engine Bethesda, itself derived from the Gamebryo engine that was used for Oblivion and the various versions of Fallout 3. Compared to its predecessor, the Creation Engine has won a particular viewing distance much larger, new weather effects and animations for the characters more carefully. According to Todd Howard (Game Director) manages Skyrim DirectX 11 but only with a view to optimize performance (as is the case for Civilization V): the engine not displays effects such as tessellation (at this stage at least).

The panel card is large since it is the HD 6450 and HD 6970 GT to 430 and GTX 570, plus a GTX 460 SLI. Note that in CrossFire configurations have not yet managed, which is why we have not tested the association of two HD 6850. AMD, however, assured us that next update would solve the problem of Catalyst.

Skyrim weighs so much on both the CPU and GPU. If you want to play at 1920x1080 with all details and Ultra Filters will need a powerful CPU Sandy Bridge and a Radeon HD 6850, just to get to 30 FPS minimum. To have more you should consider the GeForce GTX 570, the Radeon HD 6970, or a configuration with two cards.

Nvidia has updated to version 285.79 beta drivers to enable SLI in Skyrim, while AMD should do the same soon for CrossFire. Too bad that was not immediately possible to show what can be achieved with two Radeon cards.

The good news is that to play Skyrim do not need a super computer. A Phenom II 2.5 GHz with a Radeon HD 5770 or GeForce GTX 550 is enough to get you to 40 FPS at 1080p with very high detail, even with FXAA enabled.

There are still some bugs, points of maps where surely there are many objects on the same point and slows everything. You should also see if you have software that is weighing down or if there are problems with the os, drivers, with a 6970 because it seems strange that goes like this.