Thread: Games screen flickers while playing games

Games screen flickers while playing games

I am using a Intel core processor, 2 GB of RAM, Geforce 8 series graphic card in my computer. I purchase the Geforce card recently to play high end graphic games. By my game screen flicker while playing. Every time the screen flickers. As i had a additional graphic card in my system so i believe that my system must not have any graphic issue. What can be the other reason

Re: Games screen flickers while palying games

First make that clear that you have the latest drivers installed in your system related to your graphic card.
    Before starting any game make sure you have closed all the programs.
    Right click on your task bar and select Task Manager Or prest Ctrl + Alt + Delete to run the task manager. Except the explorer and systray end task all the other program running. If you get the message of Not Responding wait for 20 sec and try it again.
    Switch of your screensavers and desktop desk background.
    Just make sure you have a enough amount of memory free to run the gun.
    If the problem still persist try adding some more memory.

Hi,
    Step 1
    Go to Start Menu > control panel > system > hardware >select Device Manager.
    Or
    Right click on My Computer > Properties > hardware > Device Manager
    Look for your CD/DVD-ROM drive and Hard Drive.
    Go on each one by one. Double click on it and select the setting tab.
    And check box of DMA. This will enable UltraDMA feature.
    on Settings and tick DMA. This enables UltraDMA.
    Step 2
    Now make a permanent swap file of 150MB.
    Go to Start Menu > control panel > system > Performance and select the Virtual Memory tab.
    Select 'Let me select my own virtual memory settings'
    Select the drive and type 150 in both boxes.
    Ignore the warning and restart your computer.

There several reasons of what problem you are having. You can try the below methods for your issue:

First make sure that Video BIOS shadowing is disabled.
    If you had installed a network card. Then go in Network in Control Panel and then in connection. Try setting the connection type from automatic sensing option to the type of network that you use (10BaseT / 100BaseT, full / half duplex).
    Just take look that your GeForce car is not sharing any IRQs with another card (with the exception of the 'IRQ Holder for PCI Steering' device which will always use the same IRQ as the GeForce).

I was having the same problem because i was using a TwinView supposting card. But only with one monitor. Then i disable the the option of two monitor display buy this steps :
    Open NVIDIA Control Panel. Then open OpenGL Tab and tick on 'Disable support for enhanced CPU instruction sets'.
    Change your desktop color depth to 256 colors. This will reduce the stuttering issue.
    Disable auto-mipmapping in the NVIDIA control panel.

Re: Games screen flickers while playing games

Bartholomew : The reason might be due to your overclocking of your graphic card (if you overclock it). I have a geforce 9500GT and i overclock it while playing. If i go too much overclocking, while playing the game, the display hangs, screen goes lack and recovers again. This happens in evry 10 - 20 seconds (approx), and when i redice the overclock to a safe level, this problem stops.

Quote Originally Posted by Sondar View Post
    Bartholomew : The reason might be due to your overclocking of your graphic card (if you overclock it). I have a geforce 9500GT and i overclock it while playing. If i go too much overclocking, while playing the game, the display hangs, screen goes lack and recovers again. This happens in evry 10 - 20 seconds (approx), and when i redice the overclock to a safe level, this problem stops.
    Bartholomew please tell me how to reduce the overclock to a safe level.
    I had Geforce 6200 before for 2 years. Now i got Geforce 6600. But the thing is when i play a game after 30-35 min the screen starts flickering and the screen just goes black. PLEASE TELL ME THE STEPS TO HOW TO REDUCE THE OVERCLOCKING OF GRAPHIC CARD.
    THANKS

Quote Originally Posted by Sondar View Post
    PLEASE TELL ME WHEN YOU WILL BE AVAILABLE ONLINE SO THAT YOU CAN HELP ME WITH THIS OVERCLOCKING OF GRAPHICS CARD PROBLEM. I AM HAVING THIS ONLY WHEN I AM PLAYING THE GAMES ON PC. WHEN I AM SURFING ON THE NET OR USING MICROSOFT OFFICE OR DOING OTHER THINGS, I DON'T GET THE MONITOR FLICKERING PROBLEM.