Thread: Getting ERROR -1603 while installing far cry game with genuine copy

Getting ERROR -1603 while installing far cry game with genuine copy

I have recently bought the original copy of the far cry game but then the problem that I am facing with the same is that when I am trying to install it then I am getting “error -1603 fatal error during installation consult windows installer help or msdn” I don’t know what is the problem exactly, is there anyone who has faced the same and has an idea about it and can help me out as well.

Re: Getting ERROR -1603 while installing far cry game with genuine copy

I have recently bought the original copy of the far cry game but then the problem that I am facing with the same is that when I am trying to install it then I am getting “error -1603 fatal error during installation consult windows installer help or msdn” I don’t know what is the problem exactly, is there anyone who has faced the same and has an idea about it and can help me out as well.
    I will suggest you to try it out using the compatibility mode, I mean that just right click on the exe file of the game and then go in to the properties and then click on the compatibility tab and then select the respected option for your computer and then see if it is making any difference, if that does not help then you can try reinstalling the game, just check it out and then let me know what you get.

Hope you are aware of the minimum system requirement of the far cry game:
    • Supported OS: Windows 98SE/2000/XP
    • Processor: AMD Athlon? 1 GHz or Pentium III 1 GHz
    • RAM: 256 MB
    • Video Card: 64 MB DirectX 9.0b-compatible graphics card
    • Sound Card: DirectX 9.0b-compatible PCI card
    • DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0b
    • CD-ROM: 4x DVD or 16x CD-ROM
    • Hard Drive Space: 4 GB
    • Multiplayer: Broadband with 64 Kbps upstream to play

Yes I am aware of the minimum system requirement and I don’t think that there is no issue with the same because I am having better specification as compared to the recommended as well, I have tried out the compatibility mode as well but then it is not working, I mean that I am able to install the game but the it is not displaying the graphic properly, is there any other solution that I can try out, I really did not expected with the original copy of the game.

Even I was facing the same error message while installing the game from the original copy as well but then later I had tried out the below patch and then I was able to install the game without any such errors:
    Far cry
    I have been using the same but then I am still not getting good graphic, just try it out and see if it is making any difference to you.