Thread: Older games freezes with Intel 4500MHD (GM45)

Older games freezes with Intel 4500MHD (GM45)

Hi friends I am using Dell Studio 15 with windows 7 operating system. My laptop have Mobile Intel GM45 Express Chipset for Great 3D graphics performance. Problems is when I play older games like Counter-Strike Source in my laptop at that time it freezes. I don’t know what is wrong with it but this problem is frustrating for me. Now please tell me what should I do to solve this problem?

Re: Older games freezes with Intel 4500MHD (GM45)

Have you installed latest drivers from the Intel if you have not installed then I will recommend you to first download the latest drivers from the Intel and after that you have to install that in your Dell laptop and after installing that in your laptop you have to check whether you are facing same problem or not. as far as I know after trying this solution your problem will get solved.

If you want to download the latest drivers from the Intel for the Intel 4500MHD (GM45) then you can download the drivers by clicking here DOWNLOAD and after downloading the drivers you have to first uninstall the drivers which is already installed in your laptop and after uninstalling that drivers you have to restart the laptop. now after restarting the laptop you have to delete all the temporary files from your laptop and then you have to double click on the driver installation folder and then you have to check whether you are facing same problem or not.

According to me after installing the latest drivers in your laptop your problem will get solved.

According to me you are facing this problem in your Dell Studio 15 because of the hardware acceleration and if you want to fix this problem then you have to disable the hardware acceleration in your laptop and after disabling that you have to try to play the game again in your laptop and then check whether it makes any difference or not.

Try this trick and then let me know what the result is.

If you want to disable the hardware acceleration in your laptop then you have to perform these steps and then your problem will get solved.

• First open control panel in your laptop.
    • After that you have to go the display setting from the Personalization.
    • After doing that select the advance settings.
    • Now go to the Troubleshooting tab.
    • After clicking on the Troubleshooting tab you have to select the change setting.
    • Now you have to set hardware acceleration settings to none.
    • Now click on OK button
    • After that you have to restart your laptop and it is done.

Yes I will also suggest you same solution because in my Lenovo laptop same problem was occurred and after searching on the internet I have come to know that this problem was occurred because of hardware acceleration and then I have set the hardware acceleration option to none and after doing that when I tried to play games in my laptop at that time I didn’t get any problem. You should try this solution and I hope this will solve your problem also.

Well according to me you should try to solve this problem by editing 3D options in your laptop from the Intel Graphics Control Panel and after editing the 3D options in the Intel graphic option you have to play games in your laptop and after that see whether games are still giving same problem or not. Many times by editing 3D options we fix this type of issues.

If you need any more help regarding this then let me know.

To edit the 3D options from the Intel Graphics Control Panel in your laptop you have to first open the Intel Graphics Control Panel by right clicking on the desktop or you can open Intel Graphics Control Panel by pressing ctrl+alt+F12 key. Now after opening the Intel Graphics Control Panel you have to select 3D options from there and after clicking on 3D option change stings from there and then click on OK button.

After changing the setting play any games in your laptop and then you have to see what the situation is.

I have downloaded latest drivers from the Intel website and after downloading that when I have installed that in my laptop after that also same problem was occurring. Now after that I have also disable hardware acceleration in my laptop and after disabling that also I was facing same problem.

Changing the 3D setting from the Intel Graphics Control Panel does not make any difference. Now please tell mw what should I do to solve this problem?

Will it looks like problem is occurring because of the refresh rate setting and that is why you should try to solve this problem by changing the refresh rate in your laptop and after changing the refresh rate in your laptop when you play the game at that time it will not give you any issues. Try his solution and after that let me know what the result is.

You can change the refresh rate in your laptop by doing these steps. First you have to right click on the desktop in your laptop and after doing that you have to select screen resolution option. After that click on advance setting, now you have to go to the adapter tab and then click on List all modes button. After that you have to change the mode and then click on OK. Now check the game and if problem still occurs after that then try different mode.

I think this information will help you to get rid of this problem.

If you still face the same problem after trying above solution in your Dell Studio 15 laptop then I will suggest you to contact the Dell support and then ask them about this issue and after that they will check your laptop and then they will provide you proper solution.