Thread: Is postal 3 banned in australia

Is postal 3 banned in australia

hello friends, i really like this game so much, i already go through its previous versions and i just see the video of postal 3 in youtube. after seeing that i really want to get this game. so for this i just go to steam to get this game, but i cant found this game on steam. i saw advertising for this but cant get any download links. i have my australian steam account. can i buy a copy over the internet from the usa and then install it on my australian steam account? please if anyone has any idea on this than please provide me.

Re: Is postal 3 banned in australia

i am in Australia, I have paid for the unrated game from RWS's own site, and paid for postage as well (though the game seemed cheap enough). I'm reading it's using steam, and wont be playable in Australia, despite having paid for the unrated box version. Anyone know what the score is, if you're getting the unrated boxed version sent to Australia? I know there's possibly going to be an 18+ rating in the first half of next year, but that means smelly brown excrement now.

No one from RWS has said it won't be able to be played in australia. If you've already paid for it wait for it to arrive in the mail and if it doesn't work send RWS an email complaining, they're gracious enough to provide a refund.

It is getting confusing. Games being sold online are being treated differently to games in stores. Assuming the game wouldn't be RC, it is allowed to be sold online according to this interim legislation if I understand it correctly.

is the Russian verison in russian or is it english i think its in english because i can get the russian copy. they should have the option to play the game with English voices. For example, here in Sweden we don´t dub movies, unless it´s a kids movie, we get movies with the original audiotrack and Swedish subtitles. It´s the same for games here.

the game is in Russian only. I've watched some gameplay videos of it on Youtube and it seems that they were lazy. All the text is in Russian and the Postal Dudes voice is in Russian but everything else (pedestrians, etc) is in english.

how much i know about this, it hasn't been submitted for classification in Australia yet but if it is it will be banned. Steamworks intergration means the game makes full use of Steam. Think Call of Duty Black Ops for PC, it forces you to use Steam even if you buy it at retail. Steam works off of your IP address, if it gets banned in Australia you won't be able to play it.

The Russian version uses Starforce DRM so it doesn't require Steam, personally I'm hoping the same for the USA release so people in countries can still purchase it online and install it/play it. This is why all games should be DRM free, we could buy it and not worry about Steam or anyother crap stopping us from playing games. The Witcher 2 is a PC exclusive, DRM free game and it sold a million copies. Besides, DRM is always cracked so why bother implementing it, it doesn't prevent jackshit in terms of piracy.

I am also from australia and if this is rtue that its banned in australia than its really worrying thing for me too. and if this is true that i am go with torrents or hope it uses DRM other then Steamworks.

i really not undrstand, If it is banned in australia why advertise it, that just pisses me off. I dont want to download it i want a hard copy, even if that means buying it off the net and cracking it. Why havent we got the R18+ rating yet, i thought it was surpose to come in at the end of this year.