Thread: RISK: Factions loosing connection on new ports

RISK: Factions loosing connection on new ports

Tried to configure Risk Factions a number of time on my friends Xbox but still not able to play it properly. O tried to connect online, but due to some reason the connection is dropped. It is not working well. I had tried to change the port and provide another one but still the issue appears. I have a pc also. I am trying to play the game with my friend in sync with Xbox. The game is quiet good in my view, but I am not able to understand whey the connection drops in between. This simply ruins all the fun and I had tried many options here. Are there any better suggestions to fix this out. I am also trying to get refund on the game back from steam, but I do not find any way to do that. How should I get rid of this.

Re: RISK: Factions loosing connection on new ports

Try to disable your firewall for sometime and then try back. Or else try to add the game under your exception list which might fix the issue out. I am playing the game and not yet found any bug on the same.

You are lucky enough to get the game working and dropping connection is not a issue. The game dropping can be fixed by port forwarding. The best thing to do here is disable your firewall and antivirus support for sometime. Play it and then check back. I had seen many threads here which clearly states many glitches of this game. Like the graphic issue, lagging, etc. For start try to play the game under campaign mode and see that you do not found any other glitches in the same. The game is very buggy. For multiplayer thing, try to open a port and set the game on the same. Add the game under exception list of firewall so that it is not blocked. If you are using any third party support then you have to find the settings to add the game under firewall list.

There are different settings for every router to set the port open. Right now the best way for you is to disable your security software and perform a number of tries.

It is easier to forward a port for the game via router. If you have any of those connected between your pc and xbox then simply go in the router settings. Xbox needs some number of ports to stay open so that it can communicate with other devices. The connection will drop or will not work if the ports are not opened or under the restriction of firewall. So many times just by disabling the firewall things work. Other than I will list the number of ports which you should leave open. They are Port 88 (UDP), Port 3074 (UDP and TCP), Port 53 (UDP and TCP) and Port 80 (TCP). Just ensure that this ports are not blocked by your security software. You can do this by removing restrictions from the following port number.

This game is very buggy. The connection dropping is the common issue. It is better if you wait back for some patch release or just keep trying. Try to find out what is the issue behind connection drop. Try to play some other games on the same and check. If that works then this is a glitch in the game. I had already seen lots of complain related to this. There is nothing much you can do here.

Port forwarding can be a good solution for you. You can try to assign a dedicated port to the game. Stop all background services that are not required and then try back.

You can try configuring the game settings back by re-downloading it. There are ample of bugs fixed via this. Till yet EA is not providing any kind of updates on this issue. The game is still very buggy. The most common issues are game freezes when you perform quick attacks. It is more annoying when you start facing the lock issue. I had seen many complaining the game freezing while saving the progress. I do not know what can be the issue.