Thread: Is there a Mission Editor or Map Editor or Mods for Steel Armor: Blaze of War?

Is there a Mission Editor or Map Editor or Mods for Steel Armor: Blaze of War?

After having played battlefield 3 now it was my turn to switch to some different game and hence one of my friend introduced Steel Armor; Blaze of War to me and looking at the game it did look interesting to me and hence I got started with the game. One thing that is missing in the game is the mission editor In the game. I just want to know is there anyone here who have come across the mission editor In the game if you all have do some idea about the same then please do reply to me accordingly that would be better for me, that’s what I can say here. I know the game is very much new and not many of them would have heard of it but still I want to ask this question with you all. Any replies?

Re: Is there a Mission Editor or Map Editor or Mods for Steel Armor: Blaze of War?

No it is not there I have checked in details and I was not able to find any kind of map editor for the game. So I have to say unfortunately it is not there in the game that’s what I want to say here. I hope that was very much clear for you.

Re: Is there a Mission Editor or Map Editor or Mods for Steel Armor: Blaze of War?

Yes I absolutely agree with you on the same. it seems that every file and folder of this game is encoded as well as "Flattened". So I don’t think so there is any other way in which I would be able to unpack the files or something like.

Anyways if there is someone who has got some hint of unpacking the files then please do give me some information about it that would be better for me to hear it from you all. I am waiting for the response from your side guys.

Dude you would be happy to hear about this and hence what I want to say is that do follow the step by step procedure that I am giving you right now and let me know if that is helpful for you or not
    1) First go to the Steel Armor/docs
    2) In that open up the modworks folder.
    3) Now you will be able to find the Flatwork" folder, go there and select the “unflat.cmd" file.
    4) On doing that go to the following location Steel Armor/Data/mtc80/shared/packed_files and then select any file and click on it to open.
    5) Now once you have unloaded all of them all of the files would appear uselss to you that’s for sure.
    6) Now the main question is how to unlock the texture and also the main files, so let me tell you how to do that.
    7) After having unpacked the folders, try and open up each and every file with the GIMP(unpacker tool),
    8) Now go and find the "Steel Armor/docs/modworks" folder to decompress the files so that you would be able to convert them back. Open up the "atf2dds.cmd" file.
    9) Now a dialogue box will appear just go to the location that I have mentioned Steel Armor/data/mtc80/shared/packed_data, start editing the skins.
    10) Make sure while opening up the files you will have to only open up the "reg" or "trans" files for the editing purpose and nothing else.
    11) The files that are being converted will be having DDS as their extension.

There is a manual that I have seen in the graviteams website so you can check that accordingly from the same source. So that’s what you should be checking out. However I haven’t checked the manual. I would advise you to check it once and let me know how was it.

You can mail this problem to the graviteam regarding this and they will help you with the same, that’s what I want to say here. so hope you did understand what I am saying here, that’s what I want to say here.

I am sure the team out there would be helping you out with the same, so that’s it from my side for you all.

Quote Originally Posted by Chakradevroy View Post
    Dude you would be happy to hear about this and hence what I want to say is that do follow the step by step procedure that I am giving you right now and let me know if that is helpful for you or not
    1) First go to the Steel Armor/docs
    2) In that open up the modworks folder.
    3) Now you will be able to find the Flatwork" folder, go there and select the “unflat.cmd" file.
    4) On doing that go to the following location Steel Armor/Data/mtc80/shared/packed_files and then select any file and click on it to open.
    5) Now once you have unloaded all of them all of the files would appear uselss to you that’s for sure.
    6) Now the main question is how to unlock the texture and also the main files, so let me tell you how to do that.
    7) After having unpacked the folders, try and open up each and every file with the GIMP(unpacker tool),
    8) Now go and find the "Steel Armor/docs/modworks" folder to decompress the files so that you would be able to convert them back. Open up the "atf2dds.cmd" file.
    9) Now a dialogue box will appear just go to the location that I have mentioned Steel Armor/data/mtc80/shared/packed_data, start editing the skins.
    10) Make sure while opening up the files you will have to only open up the "reg" or "trans" files for the editing purpose and nothing else.
    11) The files that are being converted will be having DDS as their extension.
    Hey the steps that you have given here is very much useful for me, so thanks a lot for giving such kind of help for me that was very much appreciable. I did end up getting the mission editor as well for the game. I am really happy about it.