Thread: Albion Prelude consumes more than 3GB ram on Torus Ruins

Albion Prelude consumes more than 3GB ram on Torus Ruins

I am exploring the Earth sector of Albion Prelude. I explored to find the closer look of Torus ruins. Suddenly after some seconds the game started lagging. When I checked in Task Manager I found that is consuming more than 3GB of Ram. I have to end task the game to get my system free. The issue does not appears on any other level. Does this is a bug or just I am facing this issue. If anyone has any solution the same please provide me as early as possible. Thanks.

Re: Albion Prelude consumes more than 3GB ram on Torus Ruins

Run a DxDiag and then check back. See in the log files you can find the issue there. It mostly looks a driver issue. Update your video drivers and then try back again.

Updating codes can give you some help here. This is not a game bugs, because others are not noticing the issue. The game needs Haali codecs to perform better. I will recommend you to get update for the same. It is also fine if you can add other codecs also. Other than this you must also run a video driver update. I faced a issue when I start the game and at some moment the game lags. As I reach Torus the situation become a bit complicated. The issue can be also due to the game content. There is not yet any update from the official sources and we might need to wait back to get patch for the same. The game works well without that. The memory usage increases to more than 50% while reaching Torus. So this is simply a bug in the game.

You can try reducing the graphic settings to the most lowest. It looks the texture or the codecs are not able to work properly on that level.

I had tried to get some workout on this. I am not in Torus. I had set the graphic quality to too high which is causing the issue. Some of the textures does not load properly which causes visibility issue in the game along with that you cannot spot gates also. I have a good graphic card and even after that the game textures are poor on very high quality. I think this game needs more resources. I set the same to lowest and ignoring other stuff the gates are visible. So just manage to get your graphic qualities on a level so that your visibility is not affected. Latest drivers update are must for this game. Till yet there are no patches or any kind of updates are available. If your system does not lags a lot you can continue to play the game. It will be reduce automatically when you are out of that part of the game.

Usually the common solutions for troubleshooting the crash of lagging issue are first updating gpu drivers. If you have sli or crossfire features in your system you must turn it off at the start. It is recommended to use only one GPU at a time for playing this game or it will give you the issue of lagging or crashing. Also if you have only 1GPU then you can try disabling the anti-aliasing and filtering features. If this does not work then also disable V sync. Try back again. For such better performance try disabling all background services. Turn off your antivirus for sometime and also your screensaver and other themes. Add the game under firewall exception list so that all its services are not blocked. If still nothing works out then the last option according to me is uninstalling the video drivers and then re-installing them back again. It is necessary to wipe out the registry files of drivers also before re-installing.

It can be due to compatibility of gpu drivers. I can recommend you two options. First download and install a older version of gpu driver and then run game. Second run the game in administrator mode only.

Fixing drivers issue can be a option but you need to check properly that your system resources are enough to play the game. Freeze issue is usually a driver issue and also a compatibility if there are multiple gpu.

Lagging issue can be due to drivers update. Try to run the game on some old drivers and then check back. You can click on roll back drivers for the same to get old drivers updates.