Thread: Voice not working in X3 Terran Conflict, but working in X3: Albion Prelude

Voice not working in X3 Terran Conflict, but working in X3: Albion Prelude

I am facing issue with voice issue in X3 Terran Conflict. I had tried a lot of stuff here, but nothing worked out. I am not able to understand what is the issue. Does this is a hardware or software fault. I am trying to explain in detail about the issue occurred. Is anyone facing issue related to voice control on the game. I do not want really install the game back again and again. I am playing Albion Prelude. When I begin the new game I can see the the cut scene in beginning. In that the voice is very poor. It looks very odd here. I had tested my sound device but nothing looks a issue there. Is there a codec issue. But the game like X3 Terran Conflict might not require any game codec. I had downloaded another dlc from the steam and facing the same issue on that. I had checked in game options also but nothing is much provided in that. What is my exact issue, is the sound is very weird. I really freaks me ought.

Re: Voice not working in X3 Terran Conflict, but working in X3: Albion Prelude

This is a bit odd here.I have seen that there is nothing much changed in the old and new version of the game. So why does you are facing the audio issue. The sound playback files are almost same and in your system just ensure that your audio latency is proper.

I had tested the sound files via a third party sound player and found that the speech in the game by the game characters is either not playing or crappy. I had tried to convert them in some other formats. I hope that conversion might help out hear. This is in-game bug.

I am not sure that many of you are aware or not but there is some variation in the sound channels that I had found. I had not found any reason behind doing this. I have seen that in the same while playing on Windows 7 some players has used patches to fix sound and other issue. The issue straight depends on the audio driver you have and surely no video game has gone for any kind of new sound engine. The issue does not ends up here. It can be due to drivers, operating system, sound cards, etc. First after a couple of re-installation when the issue appears back again then surely the game sound files are damage in your version. It is not really appropriate to find them on web. Try to find someone who owns the same game and replace the sound files just by overwriting. That is not going to effect much until you touch the main config files. Other than this you can contact the game company for the issue. I hope they provide you some kind of patch for the same.

There is something more to add here from my side. I just downloaded this game. It is the gold edition which consist of Reunion also. After installation when I begin the campaign mode I found that in some part when the there is a need with contact to other ship does not work. There is no sound at all. I think we might to play the game for some hours to find out that is this the same or there is a bug. I think in some of the levels this is not a issue.

I noticed the similar odd problem here in non English version of the game. I played the game in another language and found that the issue is not here. I had installed the game properly and there were no errors at all. But when I change the game language to default and start playing the sound of speech in the game is worst. I can see some subtitles below. I am quiet happy with the game as English is not my default language. Surely some kind of codec is destroyed in your system. Try to run and install all new codec updates with latest drivers. I had noticed with my self that in default language the voice get corrupted. I am not a regular player of this game, but in my part everything work fines. Try to found out some patch for the game. I hope the video game company might release the patch which can fix out this minor audio glitches.

Check your speaker settings. Which your audio chip. If it is realtek then go in the audio control panel and disable the equalizer or other enhanced settings. Keep in on simple default settings.

What I think is that X3 Terran conflict is the full game and in coming future we might not get any kind of updates. And on the other hand to play X3 Reunion you do not need any of the previous version. So first thing which I will recommend you to update your drivers. Do that first and then try back.

Remove multiple audio mixers from your system. While installing some codecs you must check you are not installing multiple mixers. This mixer can be seen on the system tray while executing audio. Like ffdshow. Remove it and then re-install it only with the drivers. Even realtek chips have default mixers other than windows which comes in the drivers. Update the drivers and then reboot the game. Go in the game options and check that your special sound effects, etc are all enabled. This issue is common for all those who does not have any kind of HD support on their system.