Thread: Does X3: Albion Prelude requires Steam version of X3: Terran Conflict to play?

Does X3: Albion Prelude requires Steam version of X3: Terran Conflict to play?

I have heard about the X3: Terran Conflict and Somehow I managed to buy it. I have already spent money on this and I am not in a position to buy the X3: Albion Prelude again. I have heard that it is standalone and that’s why I buy it and I thought that I would not upgrade the X3: Terran Conflict since it is DLC. Can anyone help me to suggest that I have done right or not? Could anyone help me out of this problem? Any good suggestions would be appreciated.

Re: Does X3: Albion Prelude requires Steam version of X3: Terran Conflict to play?

I am also playing this game and having the knowledge about this game. It was never told that the X3: Albion Prelude is standalone. Let me tell you that the game just requires the Terran Conflict to run. Nothing Else. Also there is a possibility that you to activate any version or updated version of the Terran Conflict(TC) on Steam. I think this would help out because once you activate the version of the Terran Conflict there is no need of you to buy it again.

Re: Does X3: Albion Prelude requires Steam version of X3: Terran Conflict to play?

I too have a doubt. Just want to clear it out. Last week I have added to the Steam the retail copy of my X3: Terran Conflict and then this as added to my library list of the Steam. I have to buy the Albion Prelude[AP] now. That’s it or do I have to follow some other procedure for playing. Any suggestions ?

As per my knowledge about the Steam, I think you would be able to do this. This procedure will require the 8 GB memory as you are installing both the games. And I think it is worth for you. If this is not possible when you have low space then you can do one thing. Just copy the DVD version of the game to the Steam and this will help you to decrease the size of your download.

I have Steam knowledge too and I will help you out by giving few steps to download this game.
    Follow these following steps:-

[*] Go to the official Steam Site.

[*] Create the Steam Account.

[*] Log In to your Steam Account by entering the correct Username and Password.

[*] Go to the game Menu of the Steam.

[*] Click on the Activate a product on the Steam. (This would help you by adding the Key)

[*] Register your Key by adding it. (By this you will activate your game and the downloading of your game will be enabled)

[*] Go to the Steam Shop.

[*] Select your suitable game that is X3: Albion Prelude.

[*] Select Buy option.

[*] Click download option. (Your download will be started)