Thread: What are the graphics options available in Star Wars The Old Republic?

What are the graphics options available in Star Wars The Old Republic?

I know this particular game will need high hardware configuration. But what about the people who are having middle or low configuration? I am sure that they will have some issue to get the decent FPS while playing the game. Let me know if you are aware of any useful instruction to get the requirement of yours. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: What are the graphics options available in Star Wars The Old Republic?

After going through the issue of yours I wanted to tell you following thing which you can try.
    • You have to hit Esc key when you are supposed to play the game.
    • Now look for the Shadow option and click on the drop down box and you have to turn off the same.
    • After that you should Turn off the Vsync off on the computer and see whether it is working or not.

If you are running Windows 7 on the computer of yours than I am suggesting that you will be able to free some memory by simply going and right clicking on the desktop and then go for Personalize. You will see Theme on the first page and you have to click on the Bottom where you will see the Windows 7 theme. Now you have to select anyone from the above and see whether you are able to get the useful result on this particular matter.

Another thing which I wanted to tell you that if you are getting an issue with the cutscenes than you have to disable the cutscenes by clicking on the checkbox. The above mentioned option is available near of the bloom option.

Well I have noticed some people who are having the issue while playing the game at the low level settings. So in case you are having the issue with the low level setting then I am suggesting that you should raise the settings gradually to medium and after that make it high. Once you have done you have to hit on the Apply button. After that roll back the changes which you have done on the computer of yours.

Also if you have turn on the Vsync On then I recommend that you should change the graphic card option outside of the game. due to this you will be able to turn On the Triple Buffering on the computer.

Well if you are having the computer with the mid level specification than I am suggesting that you should get Afterburner software from the official site. This particular software will allow you to tweak the settings of the hardware as well as software. You can use the above mentioned application to get the changes which you have done with graphics options and the graphic card control Panel. You should install the Afterburner and make all the settings higher then you have slowly take down on the computer and see whether the game is running or the issue is still persisting

I recommend following things which you should try.
    • First of all you should use the graphic hardware to run the 3D graphics rather than that of the letting the software to render them.
    • Also you should turn off the anti aliasing option in the game.
    • Finally configure the hardware setting which will not make use of the software settings in the game.

Let me know whether the above mentioned solution worked for you or not. If there is no change in the situation than I am suggesting that you should get the idea from the technical support team.