Thread: Why sound is in background of Star Wars The Old Republic when using Ventrilo?

Why sound is in background of Star Wars The Old Republic when using Ventrilo?

I wanted to ask couple of queries to the users of this particular forum and I am hoping that all the users will help me out to get the solution on the same.
    Well I am running SWTOR on the two monitors into the windowed mode. Sound is getting turning off as I am working on the other monitor in the game. how can I get the sound when the game is running in the back ground?
    As I am pushing the Ctrl key in the Ventrilo there are lots of options in the game are supposed to disappearing. Can I have any option which will allow me to turn off the ctrl key as a modifier in the game? Let me know if you are having any idea on the same.

Re: Why sound is in background of Star Wars The Old Republic when using Ventrilo?

well I am also having the same the query which you have stated over here and I would like to tell you that the I have already tried to resolve the issue by simply unbinding the keys but there are some keys which are left and I am not able to get the same into the preferences menu.

Re: Why sound is in background of Star Wars The Old Republic when using Ventrilo?

If you are running Windows 7 on the computer of yours than I am suggesting that you should launch the Sound Control on the computer of yours.
    After that you have to look for the Volume Mixer. Here you will get the settings which will allow you to set the volume for the every single program which are running on the computer of yours.

I don’t agree with the thing which you have stated over here. I have found that the video game are supposed to send the audio to the speakers when it is not having focused. Also if I am not wrong there are many games which are having the setting for the Audio in Background.
    So I recommend that you should play the settings which are available in the game and see whether you are able to make the thing working for you. if you are looking to get further help on this particular matter then let me know about the same.

Well if the issue is associated with the PTT key and then I have managed to get the particular solution on this particular matter.
    • When you are supposed to launch the Vent on the computer you have to right click on the exe file of the game. after that you have to click on the Run as Administrator.
    • Once you have done the same you will be able to get detected the PT T key when the game is into the active window.

there are lots of people who are having the same issue which you have stated over here. We need to contact the technical support team and get the further assistance on this particular matter.